Hot Tub Breaker Trips Almost Immediately

I have a Legacy Whirlpool Enterprise VS that I purchased in 2011. The tub is hooked up directly to a dedicated 50A GFCI breaker. About 5 seconds after power is supplied, the breaker trips. I have tried troubleshooting the source of the issue by isolating each component one at a time and powering up the tub in between each disconnect. No matter which component is connected, the breaker trips. Even when all of the components (including the heater) are disconnected from the circuit board, the breaker will trip. Each time power is supplied, a few seconds pass, and I can hear something click in the control board. Immediately following the click, the breaker on the house trips. I have tried replacing the breaker, and the same problem exists. When power is disconnected from the control board the breaker does NOT trip, which leads me to believe the problem is indeed within the hot tub itself.

Do you have any suggestions? Thank you!!!

• 4 weeks later...

What happened to our (moderators) ability to delete posts and put people on moderated? Beachbum DEFINATELY needs to have some of his posts deleted, and put on moderated posting. His info is SO wrong and SO bad, it's can potentially kill people.

DO NOT DISCONNECT THE GROUND WIRE !!!!! Sure, doing so may prevent the GFCI from tripping...but then the GFCI will NEVER trip or do it's job of saving your life, as it's supposed to. "If" disconnecting the ground stops the GFCI from tripping, that simply indicates that there's a short somewhere, and the GFCI IS DOING IT'S JOB CORRECTLY.