Help....new Hot Springs Owner With Issues.

kbingel

OK, Loved my new tub, (hot springs jetsetter) but this is what happened.

When it arrived, the guy who installed it, wrote on each bottle, what to do....as in how much, etc...

on one, he wrote, put in a tablespoon after every use....unfortunately, he put it on the wrong one. Being new, I just thought he knew what he was doing....so I did as he said....

It was PH down.....not chlorine....so for a month, after each use, we used that....starting noticing how we were irritated after each use....so I looked more closely, and thought, hmmmm.....this doesn't seem right.

so called the dealer and YES, he didn't give us the right directions....told us to put in LOTS of ph UP....so we did...and NOW....my hot tub is cloudy, smelly, floating.....and stinky....

Should I just drain it and start over??? I could clean the filters, put in new water and get a fresh start doing it right? Or is there another way?

so kinda Pissed at myself for not checking....but realize I am a new owner and made the assumption he knew what he was doing....dang it!

Advice need please.

Since it's just a hot tub water volume, I'd drain and start over. Though you could probably fix things to get them into shape, why bother. Start fresh and if you're going to do that I suggest you get Ahh-Some first since that will clean out your plumbing of biofilms and greases that can be present even in a new hot tub.