Alk 0.30 Ph 7.8 Chloor 0.6 (How Can I Get More Alk And Chloor)

edwin45

Hello a question.

how can i get more ALK and chloor in the spa, i read something like baking soda???? (i don,t no what it is)

I have this afternoon do a measuring and it was, Chloor 5.1 Ph7.7 Alk 0.40

I was this evening go in the spa wit 3 persons for 1 hour.

And i do a measuring again and it was ALK 0.30 Chloor 0.6 Ph 7.8

The problem is the chloor is much to low.(it drops down)

Thanks

Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. However, given that your pH isn't low, I wouldn't raise your Total Alkalinity (TA) by very much, probably no more than 60 ppm.

As for your chlorine, you have to add chlorine after your soak to oxidize bather waste. Every person-hour of soaking in a hot (104ºF) spa with no ozonator needs roughly 3-1/2 teaspoons of Dichlor or 3-1/2 fluid ounces of 8.25% bleach or 7 teaspoons of non-chlorine shock (43% MPS). With an ozonator, it's half or less these amounts. At lower temperatures it's also less (and you can't soak for an hour at 104ºF so your temperature is likely to be lower).

Ok thx i have using 15 gram of.

http://webshop.drogisterijdegier.nl/spijsvertering/2278-gimborn-zuiveringszout-8710987000963.html

Now The alk is 070, i think is ok.

But chloor is 0,0

Ph is 8

I have put in 6 gram hth granular in The spa,(yesterday also) my spa have 900 ltr water.

6 gram is About 1 thee spoon.

Hth is 68% activ chloor and minimaal 65% calciumhypochloriet.

1ouhr later after 6 gram hth granular.

Chloor 3.3

Ph 8

Alk 0.70

Yes, that link you showed is baking soda so is the right stuff for raising TA. You can use PoolMath to calculate dosages.

Be careful about using too much HTH granular which is Cal-Hypo. In fact, the following chemical facts are independent of concentration of product or of spa size:

For every 10 ppm Free Chlorine (FC) added by Trichlor, it also increases Cyanuric Acid (CYA) by 6 ppm.

For every 10 ppm FC added by Dichlor, it also increases CYA by 9 ppm.

For every 10 ppm FC added by Cal-Hypo, it also increases Calcium Hardness (CH) by at least 7 ppm.

You also want to have SOME Cyanuric Acid (CYA) in the water or the chlorine will be too strong and will also react and outgas too quickly. You can most easily add CYA by using Dichlor (chlorinating granules) cumulatively until you've added 33-44 ppm FC which will add 30-40 ppm CYA. You then switch to using bleach or lithium hypochlorite (or SOME Cal-Hypo, but not too much too often) and once a month use Dichlor for a day to replenish CYA that is slowly lost. See Using Chlorine in a Spa for more details though I don't know if you will be able to get boric acid easily in Europe so will have to be careful about controlling the pH when using hypochlorite sources of chlorine.