Redwood Hot Tub Question

Hi all! I have an older redwood hot tub, and my question concerns the jets, which I believe must be a very old design. There are three water inlet points (flexible 2" or so hose leads to couplings in the side of the tub). At each coupling point, there's a 1/2" tube that goes vertically up and ends in a cap that can be variously unscrewed. The more you unscrew it, the more air should join the water inlet below, giving a jet action. Very simple design.

The problem is that 2 of the 3 jets have stopped having very much effect when I open the cap. One is nice and strong but not the other two. I can't think of what the problem is -- any ideas here? I've looked for obstructions but haven't found any -- looks clear and open when I take the caps off.

Any help very much appreciated!

Hi! No, they look different. Note: I've just now tried to put 2 photos into this reply, and can't figure out how to do it. I put them into a Word document, then copied from there and pasted here and it looked like it was going to work, but then when I clicked on "Add Reply," I got the following message here: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

If you can help with that then we can go forward. Thanks!

Don't put them into a word document (why do people always try to do this? What do they think is wrong with just the images?)....or any other document. You'll also need to have them hosted externally and link to them. ( photobucket.com )

Okay, trying the link approach:

http://www.tobomusic.com/clients/silly/IMG_3172.jpg

http://www.tobomusic.com/clients/silly/IMG_3173.jpg

By the way, the reason I (and presumably others) tried copying from a Word document is that I tried every other logical way I could think of of getting an image into my reply, then noticed that there was a button to paste from a Word document. And initially that worked, until the message I quoted earlier came up.

In any case, if this is successful, let's take it from here.

Thank you.

Ok. so the valve that you're turning to adjust the amount of air allowed to enter into the jet has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the issue. Most likely the problem is some type of blockage in the actual jet, preventing the venturi action for drawing in any air. You should be able to fix this, from inside the tub. If you look in the center of the jet, there should be a piece you can unscrew. Once unscrewed, turn on the pump briefly and any debris should come out. There then though is the question of what and where this debris is/came from. Quite possibly it's the bypass valve in your gas heater that disintegrated.