Balboa Mas300 Sfw150 Question

Diceman

I have a Balboa pack I bought used to replace the bad board in my current hot tub.

My question is this:

Previously the tub had:

2 pumps (powering the jets for each side) - These are both 2 speed pumps, but are only wired for single speed right now

1 Ozonator

1 Grundfos 230v Circ Pump

1 Free standing Vertical Heater

Now with the new 'used' Balboa SFW150 pack, it controls the same amount of equipment, for the exception of this pack has the Horizontal Heater tube that is attached to the pack.

The plumbing is run such that each pump runs the jets for each side and the Circ pump and heater were there own sub-system.

Can I use the integrated heater and wire in the seperate circ pump on this pack? If so how would it be wired?

Here are the pics of the Balboa MAS300R board and the wiring diagram it has:

Wiring:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ZxEfy0-IstZG1CTVZoVFVRdzA&authuser=0

Board:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ZxEfy0-IstSWRKbEZwS2tMNG8&authuser=0

Yes, but you'll need to ensure that:

1) The heater is plumbed on the pressure side of the circ pump, has a working pressure switch already threaded into it, and you find a pressure switch harness

2) Are one of the thermistor leads sliced off?

3) Wire the circ pump to the ozone circuit.

Yes, but you'll need to ensure that:1) The heater is plumbed on the pressure side of the circ pump, has a working pressure switch already threaded into it, and you find a pressure switch harness2) Are one of the thermistor leads sliced off?3) Wire the circ pump to the ozone circuit.

1:) Sounds great. It does have a pressure switch on the heater. I have a harness, but will have to replace the ends to match the pins on the board itself.

2:) Yes, one of the temp sensors was cut off when I purchased it. I have another sensor I will replace that one with.

3:) By wiring the circ pump to the ozone, how does it control turning the pump on and off when needed?

I APPRECIATE the help a TON on this!!!!!

Are you sure it works? You couldn't have tested it with a cut sensor. I just don't want you to waste your time.

Assuming it does work- disconnect pump the pump one low speed wire from the circuit board, and hook up one of the grunfos leads there. Assuming the grunfos is 240v (MAKE SURE), hook up the other grunfos lead to the white wire terminal for pump one. It's up to you if you wish to leave low speed connected or not at this point. The grunfos will come on thermostatically, and, more importantly, if the cpu on that board recognizes a closed pressure switch when it should be open, you'll avoid any potential errors. Hooking the grunfos up to the ozone circuit, as I origianlly suggested, could cause issues of the pressure switch is closed when the board logic is not energizing the pump, depending on the board.

Good luck!

I will not be needing the low speed side of the pumps (They actually only have wires run for high-speed, common and ground.

The Grunfos is a 240v pump (I did check to be sure).

Which wire is the low-speed side? Is it the red wire?