2014 Jacuzzi J365 Pricing Please Help!

bmw328i2008

Hi everybody. Looking to buy my first hot tub and have been eyeing a j-365. I think I am getting the run around on the price. I was quoted with an stereo at $10,595 + Tax. I think this is kinda of high and was wondering what you guys think would be a best haggle price. This price including steps, cover, cover lifter, delivery, and water kit. This was also for the monaco color. I am paying cash for this tub and was thinking about trying to offer $8,500 out the door including tax. If anybody could kindly share the price they paid for one or what you think they would take for an offer please let me know.

They also had a 2013 wet floor model J-470 for $11,895 + tax. I threw out an offer of $10,500 including tax but the sales guy looked at me like no way in hell. When i mentioned $11,000.00 including tax it caught his attention i think but would still have to be ok'd by the boss. Any help would be appreciated.

Can't help much, but as to the J-470, we wet-tested all its competition (available in our area), including Sundance, Caldera, Hot Springs, Bullfrog, and Artesian, and while some of the best deals were on some of those, we opted to pay more because the J-470, for us, really stood out -- comfortable seating, wonderfully effective jets -- the difference didn't seem subtle. That said, we also learned the advice often offered here, to always wet-test, shouldn't be ignored. After trying some high end spas we were _sure_ we were going to buy, we found how widely different all these expensive tubs can be. And, it's subjective, probably not least due to your size.

We found a 13 J-470, with stereo, for mid-$11s. I suspect if we pushed, we probably could have gotten it for the $11k you were thinking. However, wet-testing is a curse, too -- we found, having wet-tested both the 13 and the 14, that the foot jets upgrade was worth it paying for, so we wound up buying one of the more expensive tubs we wet tested, but for possibly a ten year or more span, we were able to rationalize it. Anyway, the moral to my story is don't buy anything you can't wet test.

Typically there is a price drop amount allowed by the salesman's boss that is allowed to close a deal - rarely over $500 - anything beyond that and the salesman does not get his part that feeds his family (or bad habits) - so going to the boss may get you a little lower price, but first figure out if you hate the salesman enough to make sure he doesn't get paid for his time with you.

I just bought a 2014 J375 with stereo today and was wondering if I paid too much so I started lurking around this forum.

$10k even for mine plus tax. I get all the nick-naks like steps, cover, lift, chemicals for 6 months... But what they included in my price was dismantling my deck to get my old sunken tub out and then delivering and setting up the new tub and rebuilding my deck.

I'm hoping my deal was ok? Either way it would have been a nightmare for me to figure out how to get the old sunken tub out and the new tub into the deck.

Best thing with sunken tubs is to rip them out and build decking over the hole, and install the new tub on top. I'm a service tech, I charge extra for "nightmare" access.

• 3 months later...

I just took the plunge today and bought the Jacuzzi J 365 with the optional Bluwave Stereo. After the Jacuzzi rebate of $400 and the dealer taking off additional discounts, I bought my tub for $7895 plus tax. The out the door price was $8600 including the coverlifter, taxes, delivery, and start up chemicals. I called another Jacuzzi dealer and was quoted $8995 plus $800 for the stereo option. I feel really good about the price and I bought from a reputable dealer in my area. If you feel the price is too high, keep shopping around and the other thing I learned is cash yields best price. If you pay with a credit card or special financing, the dealer gets charged around 2% of the sale amount.

• 2 weeks later...

I will pm you the dealer name here in Cincinnati. I just want to be respectful to them because I know the owner personally and I have no doubt he gave me a great price. My tub was on the floor on display, but it never had water in it. He has several other floor models that he is discounting to make room for the 2015 tubs. Where are you located?