New Tub Finally Here. Hot Springs Gleam!

Venams

Just had my new Hot Springs Gleam delivered yesterday. As previously mentioned this tub is HUGE and HEAVY. The bluetooth stereo system is on backorder so have to wait on that... .BUMMMER. I'll perform a thorough review once I've had a chance to actually get in and use the tub. I'll be happy to answer any questions if any of you are looking to purchase in the future as well.

Delivery crew was very cautious and took their time getting tub set into place and hooked up.

I'm in the process of getting the TA and PH inline with muriatic and shocked to 10PPM FC with Dichlor per the startup instructions. Next up to add the Boric Acid to get to 50ppm.

Can't wait to hop in the tub and start using it tomorrow. It took about 18 hours to reach set temp (from 50 to 97 degrees) so I might be thinking the heater is a bit undersized. Future soaks will tell.

First impressions: I absolutely love the layout/jets and the lighting (both interior and exterior) really has to be seen in person to appreciate. Very nice looking tub.

Next things to do on the list:

I have 303 so I'm going to treat the vinyl cover right away.

1) I need to order a replacement filter so I'm ready to go when the existing filter needs to be cleaned. Anyone suggest a good place to buy one as I'm not sure what model number the filter is, just that brochure says 100 SQ FT filtration

2) Order filter cleaner. I read about getting TSP or just using the dishwasher with liquid cascade. I prefer the latter if that is safe and actually works just from the standpoint of ease of cleaning. Any opinons?

18 hours seems like a really long time to heat up. What was the air temp outside when you started heating? I bought TSP to clean my filters, but I haven't used it yet, besides in our dishwasher.

Air temp was in the 60's!

So you've washed your filters in the dishwasher?

No, I just used the TSP to clean my dishes. I read on this forum or another that TSP does a good job of cleaning your filters. I found TSP on amazon, and read the reviews. Well, the reviews talked about using TSP in your dishwasher, and how it gets your dishes very clean. So, the moral of the story is, hot tub owners have clean dishes too.

I bought mine from a local dealer. I paid $210 for 4 filters. I only did this because I wanted to establish a relationship with a business that I might have service my tub in the future. I could have bought the same filters from ebay for $130. Well, one of the filters broke off in the tub a month ago, and I took it back to the dealer, and he gave me a new one, no questions asked. I'm not sure if the ebay seller would have done this for me. These are unicel filters, and are supposed to be one of the better brands. Your dealer will more than likely have a high price on them, but if you have trouble, the dealer will be there to help you, I hope.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to update that I am still enjoying my tub and everything has been working great so far.

The Bluetooth stereo system with subwoofer came and in and all I can say is the sound quality has exceeded my expectations. The 3" Poly Planar speakers produce some very smooth sound. This adds another level of enjoyment to an already stellar tub with the lights and jet/waterfall functions.

Kudos as well to the excellent Hot Spring customer service (Keith) for taking care all of my issues including the back-ordered stereo system.

I can fully recommend this spa to anyone else looking for a "High End" tub

Just wanted to update that I am still enjoying my tub and everything has been working great so far.The Bluetooth stereo system with subwoofer came and in and all I can say is the sound quality has exceeded my expectations. The 3" Poly Planar speakers produce some very smooth sound. This adds another level of enjoyment to an already stellar tub with the lights and jet/waterfall functions.Kudos as well to the excellent Hot Spring customer service (Keith) for taking care all of my issues including the back-ordered stereo system.I can fully recommend this spa to anyone else looking for a "High End" tub

The Gleam isn't really a high end tub in the Highlife collection. I looked at this tub and if anyone wants true luxury in a large tub, lake a look at the Caldera Cantabria. I ended up with this after researching all large tubs. It's also 550 gallons.

My water also took close to 20 hours to initially heat up. Kind of like an oven, if you continue to lift off the cover and peak, it will take longer to heat. On my first water change, not lifting the cover repeatedly significantly decreased my heat time at the same outside temperature.

The Gleam isn't really a high end tub in the Highlife collection. I looked at this tub and if anyone wants true luxury in a large tub, lake a look at the Caldera Cantabria. I ended up with this after researching all large tubs. It's also 550 gallons.

Just wondering what differences you noticed between those 2 tubs? I'm almost positive that the pumps-heater specs are apples to apples. Granted the Cantabria's top side is probably better but other than that I'd think the jets pumps shell etc are very similar? There are more Hot Spring dealers versus Caldera in my area and I found the Cantabria to be overpriced at about 2-3K more than the Gleam for basically the same equipment.

• 1 month later...