New House And New Pool

jcamaro

Bought a foreclosure with a great pool. I know a little about filter and such. This pool and spa has two pumps one for the fountain which I got working. The other pump has four valves leading to the suction side. The pool has a main drain and a skimmer and only one return so I figure that takes care of two valves. The spa has a main drain and a suction line and return that's the other two valves, sounds right so far right? On the return side of the filter I have a valve that makes the jets work in the spa. Another valve for the floor pop up's. and one more for the return in the spa. The spa also has small hoes in the seats for the blower which does not work. I checked the electric breaker which is a 220 but one wire has been unhooked. I pulled the cover on the blower and there is no picture on how to hook it up and all the labels have been worn away. But in side where the wires hook up I have one black, one red and a green, what would that be? The pool was made in 1996 so who knows what brand it is but it looks like a Silencer. I don't know if this is a problem but when you shut off the pump you can hear the water in the filter draining on the return side, is that ok?The other problem is when I was trying to figure out what the valves did all of a sudden the water in the spa drained out and went into the pool! What did I do wrong? If anyone can help with any ideas I would be very grateful.

You've got a lot going on there. I would recommend that you contact a local pool service professional and have them come out and take a look. You need to sort everything out so you can establish how to maintain your pool and pool equipment. You'll need to know which valve settings perform which functions. Also have them check out your electrical situation to make sure all is hooked up and operating.

Foreclosures sometimes have the pool equipment stolen, vandalized or purposely tampered with by the previous owners.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

It would be helpful to gather all of the brands and models of all the equipment you are using if possible. If not, your best bet is to contact a local expert as mentioned before that can offer expertise on how all your equipment is working and if it is working properly.