Pool Liners

gofast73

Im new to pools and we bought our first pool last summer and a few weeks after it was put up we had a leak at a seam so the store were we bought it replaced the liner and all was good until a few days ago we noticed another hole in the liner thats the size of a bb so I fixed it with a patch but will be replacing the liner if this doesn't hold up. My wife and I are pretty disappointed at the liner and we dont even know how this hole got in the liner as we havent even been in the pool yet this year due to my wife breaking her ankle. We have a 18'x52" above ground unibead pool and which liner is a good quality? Im leaning towards a Kayden manufacture liner since they sound like there good quality but I'm not sure since Ive never owned a pool before. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Im new to pools and we bought our first pool last summer and a few weeks after it was put up we had a leak at a seam so the store were we bought it replaced the liner and all was good until a few days ago we noticed another hole in the liner thats the size of a bb so I fixed it with a patch but will be replacing the liner if this doesn't hold up. My wife and I are pretty disappointed at the liner and we dont even know how this hole got in the liner as we havent even been in the pool yet this year due to my wife breaking her ankle. We have a 18'x52" above ground unibead pool and which liner is a good quality? Im leaning towards a Kayden manufacture liner since they sound like there good quality but I'm not sure since Ive never owned a pool before. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am not a pool dealer, just a noob myself who is in research phase before I buy. I was told Lomar and GLI are great liner companies. If I were you I would NOT buy another liner from that same store. Go find the thickest liner you can buy online, I think at least 25 gauge, they may make thicker. You will have to spend a little extra for quality. I see some that carry a 15 yr. warranty. Good luck!! You sound like you have my luck, LOL!!

• 5 weeks later...

I am not a pool dealer, just a noob myself who is in research phase before I buy. I was told Lomar and GLI are great liner companies. If I were you I would NOT buy another liner from that same store. Go find the thickest liner you can buy online, I think at least 25 gauge, they may make thicker. You will have to spend a little extra for quality. I see some that carry a 15 yr. warranty. Good luck!! You sound like you have my luck, LOL!!

I agree with you on this. Best to choose a 25 gauge liner. You'll have to pay a bit more, but guaranteed that this investment will save you money in the long run. Some liners even have 25 years of warranty. Although, I wouldn't attach too much value to this number. Pool liner warranties are usually pro rata. When you need to replace your liner, the manufacturer will only reimburse the "current" value.

Personally I like the Stoney Creek 3D liner. It's a full print, 25 gauge liner and very good quality for its price. It should be available for 18' round pools like yours. Hope this helps. :)

• 1 month later...

Curious if you found a good liner! I have bought mine through pool liners. Com for a long time. I always buy the thickest liner and actually had one last for 17 years, but also lost one to a tree root in less than a year! But I agree with previous posts. You will be money(and work) ahead spending a little more for the high quality!