How Long Before Algae Stains!?

Put up a previous post recently asking about manually turning on a pool pump. One of the wires for the timer box melted. So, long story short the pool has had no circulation for approx going on 2 weeks now. Waiting on a replacement timer since it was under warranty, but I'm not going to get into that story. As you can imagine pool looks like a swamp. Entire floor covered in green algae. From what I've been told the biggest risk letting this go for too long is staining. Anyone have any idea how long it takes before it actually starts to stain? As of right now the stuff seems to still come up easy when I brush over it, but I have no idea how long it's going to take to work out this timer situation and I'm getting nervous....I'm obviously going to get this done asap, but it's already been about 2 weeks of Algae present...any input is appreciated!

Organic staining from algae or from leaves or other organic material will usually bleach out if you use a Free Chlorine (FC) level appropriate to your Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level. You can accelerate the fading with higher chlorine levels. Usually, it's the tannins from leaves that stain more readily than algae itself. Of course, black algae grows into pool surfaces, especially plaster, but that's a different story. Green algae won't leave a stain that would be hard to remove and yellow/mustard algae is dust-like and generally does not stain.

Thank you so much for the response. I am still going to get on this asap, but this brings my stress level down a bit. I swear everything in my home that can go wrong has gone wrong in the last week. Anyhow, kind of a follow up to my last post...in the interim does anyone know about the manual motor start? Here is the youtube video where it looks like someone is manually starting theirs:

I would love to get it going until the new timer comes. I also know found out I have a Century Centurion Motor Part#7-177449-03. Appreciate everyone's time!