What Is The Lowest Profile (Least View Obstruction) Cover Lifter?

ht2020

I've been researching all the cover lifters available for a Vanguard hotsprings spa. I would like to have one which is the least obtrusive view blocker ie: sticks up the very least over the bar top. I have exactly 25 inches of clearance. I've looked at the CoverCradle, Covermate, Rock-it and a few others. It's been very difficult to get reliable info about how far up they stick out. Watkins has told me that the CoverCradle will stick up about 18 inches above the surface of a Vanguard (spa is 87 inches square, 36 inches high, folded cover 44 inches). Simple math would imply that if the cover is sitting directly behind the spa ON the ground it would stick up about 8 inches above the bartop. Therefore, the real issue with any cover lifter is how high above the floor will it have the cover resting when it's fully retracted behind the spa. If the CoverCradle keeps it 18 inches above the bartop it must imply that the cover is 10 inches above the ground in the back. I've been told that the Covermates I and II will be even worse ie: more view obstructing than this. Are there any lifters that ultimately get the cover lower than 10 inches from the ground? In other words, what is the lowest profile cover lifter available?

The problem with what you want is the lifter is supposed to lower the cover within 2" of the ground, yet somehow magically restore it to a closable position, and the leverage required is impossible, the geometry just isn't there.

You may want to check out the Sterling Covana instead.

Well I wasn't asking for perfection. I was simply trying to find the cover lifter that had the LEAST view obstruction of any other per its given rear clearance. For example, the cover caddy and cover shelf are extremely discrete in that sense but they require 36 inches and 43 inches clearance respectively. The covermate II requires 18 inches of clearance and sticks up about 24 inches. The covercradle requires 24 inches of clearance and sticks up about 18 inches. I was trying to find out if there are other models that I'm not aware of that would keep a low profile and not require too much room. I guess the answer is no.

Well I wasn't asking for perfection. I was simply trying to find the cover lifter that had the LEAST view obstruction of any other per its given rear clearance. For example, the cover caddy and cover shelf are extremely discrete in that sense but they require 36 inches and 43 inches clearance respectively. The covermate II requires 18 inches of clearance and sticks up about 24 inches. The covercradle requires 24 inches of clearance and sticks up about 18 inches. I was trying to find out if there are other models that I'm not aware of that would keep a low profile and not require too much room. I guess the answer is no.

The answer is the Sterling Covana, least clearance required, (about 6") least obstruction.of view - zero.