Main Drain

lcavada

I have a 12,000 gallon pool with a separate (but attached) spa.

the pool has a skimmer and a vacuum outlet. Several returns through the pool and 1 return in the spa.

Into the pump i have 3 large pipes. They were originally labeled when the pool was made.

1. Skimmer

2. Vacuum

3. Drain

Is it safe to assume that the main drain in the spa is connected to the main drain of the pool and they are combined to be one line coming into the pump?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I've run across this also. The main drain was separate from the spa main drain. The main drain for the pool came up into the skimmer, which is how it gets back to the filter. If you look in the skimmer and both ports on the bottom are open there's a good chance that is how yours works. If so you should also have a disk in the bottom that looks like a flying saucer. That is how you control the flow of the main drain and skimmer. If that is the case do not let your water level drop below the skimmer or you will lose all filtration from the main.