Water Issues - Need Some Advice

kajun

Hey guys,

Looking for some help. I changed the water on Dec 1st, haven't used the tub a lot because it's been very cold and windy. In any case, I did some water testing about 2 weeks ago with my taylor drop kit and had the approximate readings:

FC: 6

TA: 80

CH: 100

pH: 7.6

CYA: 100~

I recognized the stabilizer was really high, but wasn't sure what to do about it. Since then, the water has been foamy, burns through dichlor quickly. I read about the dichlor then bleach method, so i bought some bleach last night and added 2oz, waited a while and tested again. didn't seem to effect the FC levels. I added 5oz last night when FC was at 3, tested today about an hour ago and FC was at 2.5 / 3. Basically i'm wondering what my best option is at this point. I haven't been able to buckle down and address this properly as i've been very busy with work / school and it's been around -30 to -40 celcius for the last 2 weeks with high winds, haha.

I think the best option is probably to do a partial drain and refill. Supposed to be a little nicer on sunday. Is there another option to consider? Thanks in advance.