Mps - Can I Use This Particular Brand?

mhaleusa

Hi All,

Let me say that I like using MPS as a shock with my nature 2 system.

In shopping around it seems that options are rather limited to a few brands like liesure time and oxy spa. However, I found a company on Amazon.com that sells this MPS at a much cheaper rate (about 3 dollar per lb vs. 5 or 6). I checked the ingredients against the listed ingredients on my Leisure Time Renew (MPS) and it appears to be the same ratio (MPS = 43%, to 57 inactive ingredients). However, nowhere on the webpage does it say that it is safe for hot tubs.

Not wanting to take any chances.... I called an 800 number they had listed and asked the guy. He sounded like I was asking a calculus question or something and gave me a rather lame "I guess you'd be alright" kind of answer.

Seems to me that this stuff would be fine and appears to be the same thing as the Liesure Time brand stuff at half the cost. Can one of the experts here give me a warm fuzzy about buying this stuff in bulk? I've linked the page below. Please let me know what you think and many thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/In-The-Swim-Chlorine-Free-Shock/dp/B002WKM6GM/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1358808853&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=potassium+monopersulfate+renew

Yes, that is fine to use. 43% MPS is normal and is nearly pure product because the MPS comes in a triple salt that's the standard formulation from Dupont.