Pulling Ozonator From Older Hot Tub

hamburger

I'm selling my house and Emerald hot tub stays there. My question is, can I pull the ozone from the 8 year old hot tub and install it on my new purchase, if it doesn't have one already? If so, how do I cap off the ozone jet in the tub?? Thanks again in advance.

That's probably an old UV type and I'd be surprised if it's even doing anything for you anymore.

I'm selling my house and Emerald hot tub stays there. My question is, can I pull the ozone from the 8 year old hot tub and install it on my new purchase, if it doesn't have one already? If so, how do I cap off the ozone jet in the tub?? Thanks again in advance.

You should be able to just remove the screws retaining the unit to the cabinet, then remove the end of the hose where it attaches to the the plumbing. You may need to twist this as you pull it off. It is just a friction fit over what is known as a "nipple" or "barbed fitting". Before removing the hose, you will want to go to your local hardware or auto parts store and get a "vacuum cap" of the proper size and a small tube of silicone sealer.

Hope this helps.

That's probably an old UV type and I'd be surprised if it's even doing anything for you anymore.

Spatech is right. An 8 year old ozonator is 99% likely to be a U.V. Ozonator. The chances, that it is still operating are slim and none. A long life would be 5 Years for a U.V. Bulb. A Bulb is a bulb, they go bad. Most U.V. Ozonators will put out a noticeable blue glow, to indicate it is operating. If the low speed pump or filtration cycle is on, then so should the ozonator, with a blue glow. No glow, no go. Ozonators can be purchased very reasonable these days and are simple to install, on todays ozone ready tubs. Goodluck Dave.

Good Choice. Let us know if you have any questions installing an ozonator on your new spa. Dave.