Metal Frame Pools

vida

I am shopping for a temporary pool for our yard untill we can install an inground one. 18'x48" round is the biggest I want. My budget is approx. $500 and WalMart sells a Heritage, Sun&Sand,and Intex Metal Frame Pool. Target sell the Intex Ultra Metal Frame Pool for slightly more. Costco sometimes sells "portable" pools but I don't know if they are worth getting. Anyone have any experiance or suggestions with these?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a intex frame pool (plastic frame) for 3 seasons in New Hampshire we got a lot of use out of it. Alot of people on this forum are anit-softside pool but i disagree, although i would not own the one with the inflatable rim. they are not very stable. We have a 21' legacy pool now I am pleased with that too. I got the soft side pool because it is less invansive to the property. As long as your ground is pretty level your set.

I am shopping for a temporary pool for our yard untill we can install an inground one. 18'x48" round is the biggest I want. My budget is approx. $500 and WalMart sells a Heritage, Sun&Sand,and Intex Metal Frame Pool. Target sell the Intex Ultra Metal Frame Pool for slightly more. Costco sometimes sells "portable" pools but I don't know if they are worth getting. Anyone have any experiance or suggestions with these?

Also target marks thier pools down around or just after july 4th.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I had a 15' intex softside pool for 3 years and the kids loved it. The only problem I had was the third year the inflatable ring really started to crack. Eventually I threw it out. We really liked the price point of the softside pool so we bought a 24' Intex Frame set pool (metal frame). It was alot of work to prepare the yard but it has been great.

Hi.......we've bought a couple of the soft sided pools over the last 8 years and they are ok, but I agree, don't get the blow up ring ones. They don't last as many years, plus if you have animals (cats and dogs) you are asking for trouble. Last year our dog chewed the ring into pieces. This year we found a used (only 5 yrs old) Doughboy pool and though it is a lot of work putting it together ourselves, it will definately be worth it! No more putting up and tearing down pools!

• 4 weeks later...

I bought an Intex 18'X52" at costco for $400 as a temp until we can put in an inground. I have been using it for several months and so far it is great, my only complaint is that the cover sucks. It blows off easily and doesn't always float on the surface. It's still a great value considering it comes with pump, filter, cover, ground tarp, ladder and suction cleaning kit w/ surface skimmer.