Sensitivity

Jankjo

Thanks for the "no need to drain" thing..

i have test strips for MPS (Thanks, I am calling it the correct thing now. Thanks for those that cleared that up)

they didnt turn purple AT ALL. so.. that was yesterday.. perhaps we are good.

I didnt have the N2 stick inside the filter. it was (per the spa people's recommendation) inside the filter basket. Not actually in the flow of the water.

did that affect how much silver got in the water? Maybe.. I cant say for sure. no way to measure THAT.. (the directions for N2 say "The clear water is your indication it is working" <--- what a load of bunk THAT is)

anywho.

We are switching to chlorine.. no one has been in 2 days.

time to do some reading of the dichlor / bleach method and make sure we have the proper diagnostic kits. (we dont yet)

I bought this

http://www.lesliespool.com/Home/Pool-Chemicals/Water-Testing/Test-Kits/18548.html

ugh..

I am going to read to see what I should be measuring, how to get it there..

i am just hoping that the water is good and I dont have a damn microbe farm growing.. but I am thinking there is plenty of chlorine in the water now.. no one has used it.. so.. maybe it is good?

I think the TA is too high though to start dichlor / bleach (not sure.. my wife said that.. I gotta read it. She might have been the pool manager 20 years ago and lifeguard.. but I am the scientist of the family.

so we will see.

no more itchy stuff.

You should get a proper test kit, the Taylor K-2006, which has a FAS-DPD chlorine test so you can accurately measure your chlorine levels (both FC and CC) even if they get high during shocking (if needed). You really do get what you pay for with test kits and this one is the best for chlorine pool and spa testing. You can get it from http://www.amatoind.com/taylor-test-2006-p-555.html'>Amato Industries or from http://tftestkits.net/Taylor-K-2006-p27.html'>TFTestkits.net.

2006C ordered from Amato via amazon prime. (cant beat 86 shipped)

was ready to buy in the store at leslies pool.. they wanted 119 in store. Their online price was 109. I say

"do you pricematch your OWN website? "

"no they are trying to get people to go online"

So I said "huh?.. well I am going to buy it for 86 from Amazon then. So.. yea tell your boss that the getting people to buy online is working" :)

also now on the dichlor / bleach method.. and the water ISNT giving me rashes.. PLUS I love it. It FEELS warmer.. I love the smell it LOOKS CLEAR too. I love it.

THX!

The "C" version you got will last longer, but just know that you can get refills in the "A" size if you don't use them up quickly. The chemicals generally last for a couple of years though it varies by chemical. Taylor says to replace them once a year, but that's just to be on the safe side. Some of the chemicals such as the acid and base demand tests last virtually forever while the FAS-DPD drops are more sensitive and the DPD powder won't last long if exposed to humidity.