New Pool Settling? Or A Leak?

m_peery

I had a 30 ft above-ground round pool (Grove Park, Sunenterprises) installed ten days ago and just finished with pump/filter install four days ago. Since filling the pool to the "run" water level, the water level has dropped about 3 inches. No visible leaks in the pump/filter system. Could the liner be stretching or some settling with the pool? Outside temps are in the upper 60's so I don't think evaporation would be causing the drop. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

We have the same pool. It was filled 4 weeks ago. Never had to add additional water and the temp is 75 to 80 daily. Did you do the install and prep the ground or hire it out. It seem like that is alot to be settling and if it is a leak it is a major one.

We have the same pool. It was filled 4 weeks ago. Never had to add additional water and the temp is 75 to 80 daily. Did you do the install and prep the ground or hire it out. It seem like that is alot to be settling and if it is a leak it is a major one.

Hired out from the recommended installer at Sunenterprises. They did ground prep and install. We just topped it off four days ago and so far so good. Water level has remained the same with no signs of leaks. The ground is naturally sandy and fine at the pool location. I was able to get in for a walk over two days ago. I think that the water depth is a little deeper than the 48 and I am leaning toward the possibility that some of the ground became super compacted. Hopefully things are OK.

How do you like the pool so far? Thanks for the reply.

Melanie

That sounds good for you. I had to use a packer to compact the soil for mine. It compacted in excess of 4 inches. As far as the pool, we love it. We had it installed 32 inches in the ground. I have seen three other pools done in this manor and all are 5 to 10 years old with no problems. You will spend more up front undercoating and epoxying the side in contact with the ground but it was worth it. Downside is I voided the wall warrante only. I hope you are as pleased with your pool as we are and I'm glad to hear there are no major problems.