Sundance Optima Fit & Finish

zzmac

I had my Optima installed yesterday. Last night in the dark with the inside led lights on, I could see light coming out around the perimeter of the tub in 4 or 5 places. It was coming out between the top of the removable sides and the hot tub shell (where they meet). This can't be a good thing as these spaces let cold air in which I'm presuming will drive up my heating costs.

How many of you Sundance owners have this same issue and what have you (or could you) done to correct it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Make sure your panels are tight up against the bottom of the shell. If not they are just held into the 2x4's with wood screws so you can relocate the panel. Then if you are still concerned about leakage take some great stuff and fill the gap between the 2x4 framing and the shell. Make sure you take off the panels first as the great stuff makes a mess.

I have a 2012 Sundance Hamilton. I was less then pleased with the fit of the side panels along the shell. One side was fine, but the other 3 had 3/8 to 1/2 gap between the shell and panel. You really can't raise the panel up because then it doesn't line up with the bottom ...looks like crap. I ended up going to Lowes and buying the stick-on weather stripping in various sizes. It worked fairly well and you really cant tell unless you know what your looking for. They even carry some round tubing insulation that I put in the corners. It worked best by taking the panels off and sticking the insulation on top of the panels, then when you slide the panels back up to the shell they fit tight. Just measure your gap first and get the water resistant insulation. Hope this helps.

I also went back to the dealer and checked out other Sundance and Jacuzzi models. Looks like all of them have some sort of gaping in the panels and shell. Not sure if normal or just bad quality control. I was also worried about heat loss, plus mice and insects,etc.