99 Sovereign - Replaced Circ Pump - Now I Have Ozone!

Davidpsalt

I refurbed a 1999 Hot Springs Sovereign by replacing the bearings in the Jet pump and putting a new wet end on it. Also put in a new Hotsprings Freshwater III Ozonator - but have never been happy with the output of the ozonator.

After months of trying to balance the water and keep the chlorine at appropriate levels I realized the fix.

I also refurbed a 1999 Grandee that I keep at my mountain cabin found that I had not issues keeping the water balanced - the big difference was that I in addition to putting a new Freshwater III in it I also replaced the Circ pump with the new E5 pump. Has much better output and pushes a lot of ozone bubbles.

So - I just replaced my original circ pump in my Sovereign with the new E5 and wow - I know have great output and ozone!!!

Looking forward to less maintenance in keeping my water clean and balanced!!

So - if you change your ozonator and have few bubbles - replace your circ pump to the new E5!!

Very easy DIY fix - use two wine bottle corks to cap off the water lines to the pump, wire up the new pump and put the water lines back on. Took me 15 minutes max.