Hotspring Jet Individual Controls

Drags

Hi all, i have a 2011 Hotspring Sovereign model which i've just purchased and am enjoying a lot. My question is about the individual jet controls.

Some of the jets you can control fully via the turning attachments on the shell, turning them exactly to your liking or even completely off. However, some of them (moto massage and the small precision jets) are only controlled via the small control on the top of the tub. those don't allow you to turn them completely off though, only control the intensity. is there any way around this to turn them down even further or even off completely? can any adjustments be made to their valves or anything to allow for that?

i appreciate you can turn the jets off or re-direct them from some seats, but for instance you can't be in the recliner seat with jets on anywhere in the tub without the moto-massage jet being active. what if you wanted jets on in other seats but not the recliner?

thanks

Those are air controls, and they ONLY control air flow, not water flow, so no- they do not turn the jets completely off, like the other jets that you spin to control water flow.

Your concern is one reason so many people suggest wet-soaking before purchasing. You just don't think of these things until you're in the tub.

Those are air controls, and they ONLY control air flow, not water flow, so no- they do not turn the jets completely off, like the other jets that you spin to control water flow.

Your concern is one reason so many people suggest wet-soaking before purchasing. You just don't think of these things until you're in the tub.

ok many thanks. so the "spinner" jets are actually pumping water out and you can control them to full off if you want. The moto massage and the small precision jets are air and they have the controls on top, but can't be turned fully off.

It's no massive deal, and i did wet test it first, it was just something i was wondering as i wondered why those couldnt be turned 100% off

ok many thanks. so the "spinner" jets are actually pumping water out and you can control them to full off if you want. The moto massage and the small precision jets are air and they have the controls on top, but can't be turned fully off.

100% correct

It's no massive deal, and i did wet test it first, it was just something i was wondering as i wondered why those couldn't be turned 100% off

Good for you!

if it makes any difference, for what it's worth... only in the last couple years did Hot Springs move to a jet design where you could turn the water off at each jet- previously, by spinning the jet bezel, that too would only control air- so at least you can control water flow in the current design on most jets.

Enjoy!