Hayward Hydrotherpy Fittings Removal

Matthew B

Ok, I have a small problem. Had a closer come in to close my pool and it was a huge mistake. WHen taking the step jet off, they proceeded to bread all the tabs off the Vari-Flo Ball retaining ring (SP1434PAKB) SP1434PAKB and now I'm left with no way to remove the vari-flo jet.

Does anyone have any knowledge on how teh bulkhead fitting (SPX1434EA) SPX1434EA attaches to the Jet Air Body SP1434PAKA ? If I unscrew the bulkhead fitting wll I risk the body falling down on the other side of the steps? I'm hoping that the vari-flo ball jet/nozzle screws into the bulkhead fitting (SPX1434EA) SPX1434EA and not the Jet Air Body itself so I can unscrew one and they all come out together and I can just replace them once out.

I'm in a jam and I'm not sure how to fix this one. Should have just done it myself.

Matthew

Do not remove the bulkhead fitting. If it is the non spinner nozzle screw the nozzle all the way in and install a rubber plus in front of it. The retainer ring can be removed without the tabs but is a pain to do. You have to try to use some sort small tool to move the ring with small dimples in the retainer ring. hayward used to make a tool to remove these