Should I Move And Level My Spa?

G-Dub

Just had a new 350 gallon 84x84 spa delivered. I had a preexisting concrete pad directly off the back of the house that had evidence of a prior tub being there, as well as preinstalled electrical. I had realized that the pad slopes about 1/4" per foot and brought this up to the dealers. Their opinion was that the would only amount to <2" over the 7 foot spa and not to worry about it.

Fast forward, the spa is delivered, filled and hooked up, working great. I, stupidly, failed to realize that my pad slopes not in one but in two directions, since it is in a corner with house on 2 sides. This compounds my slope, so with the tub filled I have about a 4 " difference between the hi corner and the low corner. Everything seems to work fine but it really bugs me. Water level is just below the pillow on the high side and nearly submerges the pillow on the low side.

Thoughts? I've read a few previous solutions of building a 2x4 frame and filling with pea gravel, or building a floating wooden deck, or pouring a pad on top. Pouring would not be easy as the pad continues on away from the house. Worried about moisture, air flow and rodents with a floating deck, and worried about stability with a gravel solution. Also worried about having to drain and move ths brand new tub that just got installed...

In my opinion, you should definitely level your spa. From everything I've read, the water line should be just over the top of your jets AND just under the pillow line. If your pillow is now sub-merged, I believe your going to have problems with deterioration,dis-coloring ,etc.

If the spa is 4 inches out of level, are the jets under water on the high side ? or do you just have it over- filled to compensate for that?

The jets are way under water on the low side, and barely under water on the high side. It is definitely overfilled to cover the jets on the high end. The filter skimmers are on the low end fortunately. Anybody have recommendations on the best way to level the spa? I think I've decided to definitely level the spa, just not sure how.