Intermittent Pump Issue - Sundance Optima

jayjayjay

Hello - I'm hoping that someone could help in trouble shooting my Sundance Optima 2010 that I recently bought used. Everything worked perfectly for the first few weeks. I went to start pump #1 and it didn't come on. The display indicates that the pump is on but no jet action. I've tried for the past four days and sometimes it comes on and sometimes it does not. I do hear a click when the button is pressed but the motor does not seem to be running. Any help is appreciated. I don't know if it's the motor, control board, valves, etc. Thanks!!!

You will need to check voltage on the pc board to make sure it is sending voltage to the pump when turned on. Take the front panel off and then turn the pump on see if it hums, it could be a faint hum. If it humming but does not start it is either a bad start cap either located on top of the motor or in the back. It could also be a bad winding in the motor which then will be needed to be replaced.

• 1 month later...

This is what I've found. I tested the voltage at the motor and the white had 50 volts and the black wire 110. Should be 110 and 110 I think. I went to the control panel and tested the connections to the problem pump and it was the same. It appears that the panel is not pushing the correct amount of voltage to the motor and thus it's not starting. I tested the problem pump on the other set of wires and I ran just fine. Now my issue went from intermittently starting up to not at all. There is no start capacitor on the motor. Is it safe to say that my control panel is shot? Do I need to buy a new control panel or is there a someone that can rebuild? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!!!