Jacuzzi Select Spa

psecker

Hi All

I wonder if i could ask for some advice?

I live in southern CA so good weather :) I just purchased a house and as part of the house came a Jacuzzi Select spa i didnt know if it worked or not when i brought the house.

Anyway after i moved in i wanted to play so replaced the filter / filled it up and treated the water.. I noticed the spa was not heating so figured it was the Control Panel which it was now it heats up :)

I noticed all the pillows need replacing and after removing the paneling i noticed there were mice dropping everywhere i have cleaned most of these up and the mouse ran off when i opened it however i had to throw all the insulation away.

My question is do i need the insulation? If so where can i get it and what is the cost? Or is it just cheaper and better to stop spending money on this and buy a new one?

Phil

As for the amount, having just gone through this and currently with my down payment down on a new Hot Springs Rhythm, I'd say after all my reading and research stick to a Marquis, Hot Spring/Hot Spot, Jacuzzi, or one of their off brands. I'd plan on spending about $5500 and the low end (and double that on a top of line) on a brand new good tub that is built well and insulated well. You can get stuff cheaper but buyer beware you get what you pay for and may end up eating your savings on repair and energy. Just my $.02...

I think for now i will stick with this it works and see how much i actually use it after all if i dont use it a lot pointless buying a new one. I can then see how much it costs to run one and i will decide what to do pending on the costs this one costs to run and if anything breaks.