Filter Cartridge Cleaning Container?

toby

I'm looking for some tips on how to make some sort of close fitting cylindrical container for cleaning filters in?

I'd like a minimum volume container, so I minimise the amount of expensive polluting catridge cleaner I use. I'd like to say this is to reduce the impact on the environment, but actually I'm a tight git!

Currently I wrap my cartridge in a plastic rubble sack, but its not really satisfactory.

If you can fine one these days that is NOT phosphate free that would be best since they work better than the non phosphate ones. However, they have pretty much disappeared. Look for trisodium phosphate (TSP) in the ingredients OR if you can buy plain TSP at the hardware (not one of the phosphate free TSP substitutes), That's actually the BEST filter cleaner.

I usually by the house brand of automatic dishwasher detergent powder since it will degrease a cart as well as Finish or Cascade.

Thanks, found a source on Amazon.co.uk.

I'm guessing this a US cup of TSP will weigh max 200g, so 5Kg should do me for over a couple of years if I wash the cart monthly.

Do you know if it degrades when exposed to air, I tend to decant 6 months worth of chemicals so the master container isn't regularly exposed to contaminants.