Cover Assist With In-Deck Tub

Orion6192

I think the answer is no, but want to ask...

A cover assist is part of the proposed package of most of the tubs we have looked at. We are going to sink it in the deck on a cement pad with about an 1-1/4" around the cabinet to the side of the deck. It will also stick up about two above the deck I think just to give me some room for error and frost heave, sink, etc... We live in NY.

The cover assist is useless no? Right now we have narrowed it down the Jacuzzi J345 pending a wet test if that matters at all.

Thanks all...

Scott

Scott - Although some cover lifters will lift the cover and rotate it back so that it ends up close to the ground and the top not much above the top of the tub there are others that more or less rotate up from the top of the tub or just lower it a little bit. I looked into this myself as I have a tub sunk into a deck with about 18" exposed above the deck. Obviously, you will have to accomodate the lift in the decking but they are close to the side of the tub or attached to the tub. Since our tub is used by 2 people 95% of the time we omitted the lift. We have a low wall a few feet behind the tub and I made a support the same height just behind the tub. so we just fold the cover back, lift and move it onto the support and wall. The top of the horizontal cover is a couple of inches below the top of the tub, so visiually it is nice not to see the cover, but it really isn't that big of a deal and some like to have the cover up behind them for privacy.

I'll have to see what the model of the cover lifter is that comes with the tub. How much room would I have to have to install a lifter on the side of the tub. Maybe keep the tub slightly higher out of the deck? Would it sit back on the surface of the deck or hang over the tub?

Thanks all...

Scott