Leisure Bay Spa Hot Tub Question!

Yo what it do Spa enthusiasts, I have a Leisure Bay Spa Hot tub at the new place im renting. It has been sitting unused for about a year and I just cleaned it out(it had a little dirty water in it and some leaves and dirt, but its pretty clean now). I re-filled it with water and turned on the main switch to turn the spa itself on. On the keypad I hit what i think what was the pump buttons but all i heard was what sounded like a motor trying to start and it just continued doing that. The display screen keeps flashing FLO. Is there anything I can do to get it going or fix it myself?

If a pump has sat for awhile it might just be stuck. Depending on were it is mounted you might be able to work on it inside the tub. On the back of the motor there should be a cap dead center. The is the back of the motor shaft. You can try to turn the motor by hand with a large screwdriver or wrench depending on the shaft design. If the motor has a smooth back end with screws holding it on, It is best them to try to free the motor shaft from the front. Hopefully there is space between the motor and wet end were you see the shaft. If so try yo turn the motor by hand with a pair needle nose vice grips or pliers. Make sure it the metal shaft you are grabbing. It the pump has no space to do this you will need to disassemble the pump.

do not try to run the pump without water unless it is disassembled. Worst case the motor is shot.

Try turning the power on and off several times, if there's an air bubble trapped- this will help release it. With no technical knowledge, (not being able to locate the pump), you're better off calling in the cavalry than trying to repair it yourself. If that doesn't work, call your landlord. If that doesn't work, call a tech.

Good luck!