How Do I Get Air Out Of The Line?

kaluzok

I have a Keys Backyard spa purchased from Costco. This is the first time that I have removed and refilled it with water. So, there is air in the line and I can't figure out how to remove it. I have owned other spas and they usually have a valve that can be opened to remove the air. However, I can't find the valve for this spa.

Apparently Keys Backyard went bankrupt and I understand Infinity Spas took over. I tried to call Infinity but was told there is no technical support and he was just the salesman. He did say that my spa is the same as their Madrid model.

The spa will not run with this air in the line. I found a manual online that states the hot tub will automatically prime the pumps when it is turned on. However, this does not happen and "pr" never comes on the control panel. I do receive a number of error messages, such as "link" or "heater will not operate with air in the line."

Does anyone know how to get air out of the line for this spa?

Generally, you remove the filter and run the fill hose into the pipe while filling to force the air out of the lines. If the pump is still air locked you crack the union nut slightly on the pressure side of the pump. I also make it a habit of "bumping" the pump when it is first filled. Hit the jet button, wait a few secinds, turn it of, repeat a couple of times until you get good pressure at the jets. This avoids running a dry pump for any length of time. Some combination of these step should clear the air from your pump.

This is general advice, and not specific to any one brand. I hope this helps.

By the way, I'm new here (well...been lurking for a while but finally signed up). I've got several years experience working in a pool & spa retail store. I'm not a tech, but I've heard most of the horror stories. I hope I can add something positive to the forum. I love the pool & spa life.