Please Help. Nature 2Start Up And Maintaining.

So I'm just about to fill my tub up..

I ordered the n2 kit with the clhorine and mps and ph up and down and a few extra stuff.

Can the veterans please help me with step by step process to have a safe water inviorment to use.. I will be using the tub 3-4 days a week for maybe 30 mins each session .

It's time spa owner and need to know what to do first, when to shock or add mps and what first shock or mps and when before or after...

Please help me..mthanks so much

I live in las Vegas if this adds any info..

Took a sample to Leslie's and they say my fresh water from tap looks good..

What's the sequence for start up and maintain. How long do I have to wait before I can enter then spa etc..

Thank you thank you thank you in advance.

I also plan on getting the good test kit with drops ASAP

Here goes...

Almost all of the experts here are on bromine or daily chlorine so advice here on Nature2 is a bit limited. But we have been on the system since our new Sundance tub was first filled in March. After a bunch of errors the first month or so we seem to have it worked out. We are now into the third month since the last fill and the water has stayed perfectly clear.

It sounds like you are doing this on your own so you will need to start at sqare one. The first step is to get the water balanced. Our dealer tech just added a phosphate buffer (Brilliance pH true) during the first fill and that has worked fine for us. But our city water is very soft, almost no hardness, and I don't know if it would be a good system for you- it may depend on the water quality that you are starting with. But you need to get the water balanced somehow.

Once your water is balanced follow the instructions in the link that Dr. Spa provided for initial startup. The only difference- I put the N2 cartridge in the well instead of inside the filter. Reading through threads here putting it inside the filter can cause problems and it works just as well on the outside. The new high-end Sundance spas actually come with a pocket in the well door for a cartridge so putting it inside the filter is definitely not necessary.

Once the chlorine level from the initial dichlor add drops down you will need to start maintaining MPS level. Make sure that you have Nature2 test strips. Test strips in general don't work that well, but the N2 test strip MPS level readings are actually quite good and its by far the easiest way to measure MPS.

Here is the tricky part- you will need to adjust the MPS add amount/frequency based on how much the tub is used. If the water is in good condition and the spa is not used much then we find that the MPS will last for several days or even longer. This is a big benefit over going with chlorine alone. But if the tub gets a lot of use then it takes more MPS because it gets used up oxidizing bather waste. Also the MPS alone may not be enough to keep the water clear when the tub is very heavily used. Then you need to add some chlorine. Even if our tub is not very heavily used I still hit it with chlorine once every week or two just to be sure. The N2 instructions mention this but are not very specific. Also once enough dichlor has been added to build CYA up to 30 then we switch over to Chorox as described in the dichlor/bleach thread posted at the top of the forum. It takes very little dichlor to build up CYA so you need to be watchful of this even when using the N2 system.

The Taylor test kit is a good tool to keep an eye on water balance and pH. With the system we are using I have to add a little pH up every couple of weeks and thats about it.

Keep the dog out of the tub (don't ask!), make sure everyone is reasonably clean before getting in, and enjoy!