Consumers Unite!

Amanda

This topic has been started for any CONSUMERS to share their experience with their spa. It would be nice for the "salesreps" and "dealers" to stay out UNLESS THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE A BAD EXPERIENCE BETTER FOR SOMEONE!!!!!!! Salespeople and dealers....PLEASE don't barge in with your wealth of technical knowledge or change the topic and add in a "slam" against another company. We want to hear from the people that own spas! Good, bad, or indifferent... tell us all how your experience has been from stepping into a showroom to having a spa for years and everything in between. Suggestions on making things better or features you'd like to see on future spas. If you are a salesperson that owns the brand of spa you sell, please don't respond. I think all of us will be better for the true and unbiased responses we get! Happy soaking to you!

This topic has been started for any CONSUMERS to share their experience with their spa. It would be nice for the "salesreps" and "dealers" to stay out UNLESS THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE A BAD EXPERIENCE BETTER FOR SOMEONE!!!!!!! Salespeople and dealers....PLEASE don't barge in with your wealth of technical knowledge or change the topic and add in a "slam" against another company. We want to hear from the people that own spas! Good, bad, or indifferent... tell us all how your experience has been from stepping into a showroom to having a spa for years and everything in between. Suggestions on making things better or features you'd like to see on future spas. If you are a salesperson that owns the brand of spa you sell, please don't respond. I think all of us will be better for the true and unbiased responses we get! Happy soaking to you!

Amanda, this is so nice, and such a great idea! It seems you give excellent, sincere, heartfelt advice that newbies like me should listen to!

I'd like to offer an update and words regarding my ongoing ordeal:

I haven't heard from Hydro Spa all day, they were supposed to confirm my refund (I had hoped to be sure I wasn't missing my annual trip to NH to enjoy the colorful foliage in vain this weekend, to sit home, for the countless time, waiting for some kind of relief from this ongoing experience, only to find that Hydro Spa broke their word again, causing me more damage, frustration and stress), nor did their local rep call to confirm that he would pick my "lemon" up on Saturday as promised.

Yet, I am turning in for the evening with a big smile on my face for the first time in weeks and a sense of EMPOWERMENT. I want you, and everyone here to know that on this site today, I have begun to see the true "silver lining" in what has been a first-time-spa-consumer's absolute worst nightmare up until now. (REALLY - I should write a book about what Not to do or believe when buying your first spa here folks!)

It is that I have learned some very important lessons about doing the right research before your purchase, asking the right questions, getting things in writing and protecting and organizing documents and correspondance...just to name a few. But the sense of empowerment this evening is what feels as good as a hot, vigerous, massaging soak in the best spas they make (ummm....I would imagaine,... but clearly given my experience, ...have yet to feel)!

For months now, since the very day my new spa was delivered damaged and inoperable, I have been told by Hydro Spa "Customer Service Reps", that they were not liable, accountable, or responsible. They actually tried to suggest that everyone else was: they blamed the vendor, the electrician, me, their local repair agent, and in the end, they even started blaming each other (different internal departments)!...Customer Service blamed the Factory Dept., The Factory blamed Shipping, and on and on and on...it was the biggest game of Pass-The-Buck I have ever endured, and it made me crazy and it made me doubt myself, because the game was being played on ME.

I felt totally insecure, because I was a first time owner. They knew I was a single, female, newbie, with very little technical knowledge and they played on it. At first, I had no choice but to believe the horrible, inconsistent lies they told including:

"NO ONE HAD EVER EXPERIENCED TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH HYDRO SPA SPAS BEFORE,

....NO ONE EVER HAD NEW BROKEN JETS,

.....NO ONE EVER HAD A NEW BROKEN MALFUNCTIONING HEATER,

....NO ONE EVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE NOT CALLING THEM BACK,

...and the best one of them all...

"IT WAS PERFECTLY NORMAL FOR A BRAND NEW SPA TO BE DELIVERED WITH A BIG CRACK IN THE BOTTOM, DRILLING THROUGH THE FOAM TO TROUBLE-SHOOT PROBLEMS WITH THE JETS IDENTIFIED AT THE FACTORY BEFORE SHIPPING"

I had no choice but to believe them, and let them take advantage of my ignorance, because no one was on my side, I felt totally alone. They almost won their game, I almost gave up, but after today, I don't care if I have to look at that MONUMENTAL WASTE OF TIME, MONEY, STRESS, an ENERGY (i.e. My Hydro Spa - Stratus, delivered defective 4 months ago and never fixed or replaced, that still, I hope will be returned and refunded) for 10 more years in my back yard! I am NOT giving up and I want to make sure they, or any other unethical spa company NEVER takes advantage of someone like me again!

Tonight, I am going to sleep much better thanks to all of you out there! I am NOT alone or powerless and they should be ashamed of themselves!.....Here's to good Karma! ...and to soaking in a new, working spa, made by good, ethical manufacturers sooner than later! Thank you again Amanda, and wish me luck! :wub:

If you want to see another example similar to the one you encountered, look here http://www.selberg.org/~speed/spa.html

Hi. I just want to provide an update to all you fabulous spa-loving people out there. I just heard from the owner Mark of Hydro Spa via e-mail and it seems that once again, surprise, surprise, they may not be honoring their own word as usual. They may be backing out of their promised refund. "He swears he didn't know the local agent he told me to call to pick up the spa tomorrow was out of the state, it's his manager's fault, Hank" (even though I e-mailed him about it two days ago, as soon as I left a message with the agent's answering service). If you even think I'm exagerating, I would be more than happy to forward a copy of the "Hydro Spa Excuse Parade" of e-mails along to you upon request. He actually called me a "piece of work" in his e-mail! The alleged OWNER! That's not very professional!

Then, he mentioned his anger with my reference to this ordeal on this web site, I didn't know this site was so popular! I think he's really ticked off, now that I have finally told the 100%, undeniable, irrefutable, totally documented, TRUTH about HYDRO SPA to some one else. If that's why he's not going to honor the agreement, so be it. I actually feel really liberated here, like I just purged this huge nasty secret. Because I WAS really embarassed about the whole thing. I thought if I told someone the way I had let them treat me, they would really think I was stupid. I feel really stupid, don't get me wrong, and hope and pray people here can learn from my mistakes, but still more empowered now that I am equipped with some of the well-intentioned, sincere advise given here!

Will they pick up their lemon and grant me a refund after for months of giving me the run around? Stay tuned! It all remains to be seen tomorrow.

But I digress, after reading Hydro Spa's new list of excuses this afternoon, I was so upset, I was almost ready to give up again. Then, I finally took a look at the web site referenced above (and below) that some of you had recommended to me. It is fantastic for anyone who needs to deal with unethical corporate bullies in the spa industry. It suggests ways you can make things happen professionally, by the book, without getting the run around for near eternity! I HIGHLY recommend it for us newbies who have never been through this and didn't even see it coming! I'm still not giving up. Thanks again! (PS I scheduled my wet test at D1 today to "ease" my frustration).

(PS I scheduled my wet test at D1 today to "ease" my frustration).

After all you've been through, I hope you like the D1. You seem to favor it. I thought D1 made a fine spa, it just didn't fit us as well as what we chose. I highly doubt you would receive the same treatment from D1. Everything I've seen indicates they are a reliable spa and strong company that backs their product.

After all you've been through, I hope you like the D1. You seem to favor it. I thought D1 made a fine spa, it just didn't fit us as well as what we chose. I highly doubt you would receive the same treatment from D1. Everything I've seen indicates they are a reliable spa and strong company that backs their product.

Well, I want to know what you got! I haven't purchased it yet. I just know I want someone accountable within driving distance! In my town there is a D1 dealer and Master Spa. I'm sure there are just a few more in RI, but if you are a satisfied tell us! The good manufacturers and dealers need props here too!

Well, I want to know what you got! I haven't purchased it yet. I just know I want someone accountable within driving distance! In my town there is a D1 dealer and Master Spa. I'm sure there are just a few more in RI, but if you are a satisfied tell us! The good manufacturers and dealers need props here too!

Stick with a good dealer carrying a major manufacturer. I prefer Hot Spring, Sundance, Marquis, Caldera and D1. Others are big on Coleman, Arctic, Jacuzzi, etc. If you go to their websites they'll have dealer finders (just enter your zip code). Vist all the ones within 25 miles or so and wet test your favorites 3 or 4. Good luck, you deserve it.

I don't think you have an Arctic dealer "close". Peabody, MA probably is the closest. Our wet test led us to conclude Arctic was the spa of choice. We chose the Tundra. www.goarctic.com is the corporate website if you want to see the footprints. IMO, the jets felt the best of anything we tested and the seat with 7-5" jets was unlike any other on the market. As a reference, we wet tested at dealers or friends, Sundance, HotSprings, Dimension1, Jacuzzi, Caldera and Master. Nothing wrong with any of the spas although we didn't care for the Master or Sundance dealer.

I worked with an excellent dealer and had several exchanges with Arctic corporate. There was nothing in any of my exchanges that would lead me to believe that they are nothing but a first class company. If you get the opportunity, I would highly recommend you visit an Arctic showroom. The Tundra is their best seller and from what I could determine, is so for good reason. Good Luck. Look around and have fun doing so. 'Test driving' can be fun!

Stick with a good dealer carrying a major manufacturer. I prefer Hot Spring, Sundance, Marquis, Caldera and D1. Others are big on Coleman, Arctic, Jacuzzi, etc. If you go to their websites they'll have dealer finders (just enter your zip code). Vist all the ones within 25 miles or so and wet test your favorites 3 or 4. Good luck, you deserve it.

Do you know, out of these brands, which one boasts the deepest massage? I am finding that in my search, this has also become a major factor of my own personal preference.

Do you know, out of these brands, which one boasts the deepest massage? I am finding that in my search, this has also become a major factor of my own personal preference.

If I answer that I'm only saying which feels best for me and you know what, more than one will be great.

They all vary but all please certain people. The only way to know which massage is best for you is to wet test.

If I answer that I'm only saying which feels best for me and you know what, more than one will be great.

They all vary but all please certain people. The only way to know which massage is best for you is to wet test.

You're totally right again, thank you for continuing to ground me from another "impulse buy!" :wub:

For an update... the spa has since been removed and refund was issued.