Artesian Antigua Good Deal?

Ok.. so after struggling the last few weeks trying to stop leaks in my 1997 Marquis Recreation Series tub, I gave up. We went looking the last few days.

The Marquis dealer was pretty good, but I'm not sure if I liked the e series of tubs.

The Hot Springs/Caldera dealer was a little weird, but a nice enough guy.

The Jacuzzi/sundance dealer was kind of slimy. We had to run away.

I really like the guy running the Artesian dealer.

Any idea if the following is an ok deal?

$7400+tax for Artesian Antigua

52 jet dual 6hp pump

upgraded exterior/interior

add-on led package, waterfall and ozone with mixer (rather then regular ozone package).

steps

cover/cover lifter

haul away old tub

Ok. So I was reading some more. It looks like that in order to run everything at the same time, I will need a 60 amp gfci. Right now I have a 50 amp gfci in my main panel which is about 15 feet from the tub.

Is putting In a 60 instead, simply a matter of changing out the breaker in the main panel? My wiring is already 4 or 6 gauge.

I just want to know what to expect if I call an electrician.

I called Artesian. They said the Antigua is shipped from the factory with it set to use 42 amps. They said a 50 amp breaker is fine. They said that if I run everything at max then it would use 48 amps. Not sure how likely that is, but it seems like 50 amp should still be fine. I guess the 60 amp recommendation on their website that applies to all their models, might be more for the bigger tubs.

• 4 weeks later...

Got the hot tub Delivered on 6/28/12. It has been great so far. Better than expected.

It ended up coming with the following:

-dual 6HP pumps

-Cover/lifter/haul away old tub

-LED light package

-ozone with mixer

-recirc ump

-Nature2 stuff

-Steps

I hooked it up to the existing 50A GFI and it works fine.

This tub seems like it is more insulated than my last tub. It takes a while for the temp to go down, when I lower it. I know its summer, but the old one would drop in one day. This one.. takes longer in the summer.

Welcome to "Spatopia."

I hope you get a lot of good use and tons of enjoyment out of your tub.

May you soak long and prosper...

B)