Need Help! Jets Not Kicking On When Button Is Pushed?

Hello all, first time poster here. I need some help, and I'm hoping someone out there can give me some guidance so I can try to fix my hot tub myself rather than paying someone ungodly amounts of money, lol.

Here's the deal, I have a Marquis Spa ultimate series that is probably about 15 years old. My wife and I got it from her father, and we've had it for about 4 years. it worked good for the first two years, and a about a year ago the jets stopped working. I gave up, drained it, and it's been sitting empty and off for the last year. I decided this year that I was going to try and fix it and get it running.

I cleaned it real well today, filled it up, and turned it on. After it primed for a few minutes, the some of the jets kicked on, and are still running I'm assuming to heat the water. The display water temp showed 64 degrees at first and now it is now up to 85 degrees. So I believe the heater is working.

Here's my problem: the hot tub has three sections where there is a pad that has a button to hit for turning the jets on and off. none of these three buttons work. I can hit the buttons and nothing happens. I'm thinking electrical problem, and not pump problem, but I'm not sure. Since the water is churning to heat the water, I don't think it is the pumps not working, but I don't know. the main problem is the jets won't turn on and off when I push the buttons in the three different zones.

Can anyone out there lead me in the right direction? Thanks in advance for any help!

Well, this job may be more than I expected. I took side panels off of hot tub and I noticed that I had a huge rat's nest. I thought we may have had problems with rats in there, but couldn't believe what I saw. I didn't see any actual rats as I think I've eradicated them all, but there were tunnels through insulation and it was just a mess inside. So I could have had rats chew through wires as well. plus, I have a pipe leaking somwhere in there. So I think I'm going to carefully rip all the insulation out of there, try to find and repair cracked pipe, see if any wires were chewed through causing jet buttons not to work, and then re insulate the whole thing if I get it back working.

Otherwise, I guess we'll just get rid of the hit tub