Salt System - Which Brands

Hello,

I own a 2010 Hotspring Vanguard with ACE system and love it - I highly recommend it!

My brother in law is in the market for a new tub - I told them to wet test and check out a few brands (ie Hotspring, Sundance......). He did inform me that he wants a salt system for sure!

So - my question - does any other reputable spa brands offer a good salt system? Does Sundance offer a salt system?

Thinking he should just go with Hotspring, but I want to make sure he has choices if possible and to wet test!! No aftermarket system!

Thanks

Tubber McGee - Good to hear that you have had good experience with your salt system. Some users have been happy, some have been disappointed. Experienced tub owners who do not have salt systems do not wish for them. Some new users who might consider them, are put off by the cost. However there are those who like them very much and you are one of them and so, apaparently is your brother in law. So to repsond to your question:

If you eliminate aftermarket systems like technichlor (not sure why you do so - the experience record seems similar with some people liking others not) I think you may be limited to Hot Spring and Arctic. Both manufacturers have their fans and critics, like all others, but both seem to be well regarded in general.

I have a salt system installed in my Arctic Spa hot tub. It is the Genesis salt water system, produces bromine. I love the salt water system. It has been maintenance free and very easy to keep the bromine levels where they need to be. The water is always crystal clear and no foaming issues. With my work schedule I wanted something that I did not need to have a lot of upkeep and the Genesis has delivered for me. I check the bromine levels weekly and adjust the filter cycle to control bromine output. You really get a feel for the bather load and adjust accordingly with the amount of bromine needed. When I am not going to use the tub for extended periods for vacation or work reasons I just lower the filter cycle time and produce less bromine in the tub. Water clarity and levels are always where they should be. Have occasionally produced too much bromine, but that is very easy to bring down to within proper levels. I also love the Arctic Spa tub that I own. Have had it now for 17 months and it has been trouble free and alway ready for use. Spa ownership is a real treat when everything is easy to maintain and trouble free. I would highly recommend the Arctic Spa with the Genesis salt water system.