Flo Code

Hello all! I'm a new guy. I also have a hot tub. Only problem is , is my hot tub isnt working. I bought it about five years ago and ran it for about six months and then had to disconect it. I re wired it last night and filled it with water. When I put the power to it, it's supposed to turn on and go through a purge period. Well it didn't. All it says is FLO and flashes with the temp. If I push the jets button it will turn on for a second maybe two seconds and then stop. I have taken out the filter and tried to run it without and still does the same. when the pump comes on water does come out of the jets. Anybody have any ideas?

Do you have a Circulation Pump?

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say you may have a stuck pressure switch, after sitting for so long.

If you have a working circulation pump and the swtch is stuck "open" that will produce a flow error on most systems.

If you don't have a circulation pump and the switch is stuck "closed" then some systems will produce a flow error because flow is being sensed with NO pump signal.

These are just guesses

Well i stuck a pipe cleaner into the end of the preasure switch and the flo code is gone but now only half of my jets turn on. No pressure at all on the jets that dont work. Any idea? could it be part of the two stage pump inst working? or control box? HELP!!!! AHHHHH!! Darn toys...Oh yea, Btw Its a Strong Spa Antiqua Gold model

I recently been having FLO error come up, here is the strange part

I have taken my Flow Switch apart and it works perfectly. I have place a test meter on it and blow through it and it creates a curcuit, I have also set the flow switch to the most sensitive possible.

I have tested the resistance on both of my tempreture sensors and they are both equal in the same tempreture of water.

I have taken my skimmer filters out and run it without them and i still get the error

I have checked for blockages and there is none, the system runs perfectly

I have checked that all jet heads are open

//THE WAY IT HAPPENS

It appears to work fine, I turn on the hot tub and it heats up the water, its only when it has got to the desired tempreture that it turns off the circualtion pump and then I believe this causes the error to accure. If I leave the hot tub for a few hours it appears to solve the error itsself and starts to heat up the water again. If I want to solve the error myself I have to turn off the hot tub by the mains and swith it back on, this then gives me 5 seconds to press the jets 1 button otherwise it goes back into FLO Error. The FLO error is constant and not flashing.

Please Any help would be amazing :)

Balboa SF100 Series

I know next to nothing about Balboa systems (Mine is a GECKO) but here's my 2 cents worth

Obviously the switch is working and when the circulation pump is on everything is OK, but when the tub gets up to temp, the circ pump shuts down and causes a flow error.

First problem is why is the circulation pump shutting down?? Isn't it supposed to run 24hrs?

Again, I don't know about Balboa but if it were a Gecko, I'd say there could a problem with the low level programming and the system is acting like it's set up for single pump operation. I'm quite certain that Balboa would be similar but I can't advise you on how to access and check the programming.

PS I believe that Balboa uses "Jumpers" on the board to configure the system Is it possible that the jumper to select "Circulation Pump" has been moved or has become loose from vibration?