Nature 2 In Hot Spot Rhythm

Jarek

OK, so I have my new tub and it is all balanced out - and I wanted to install this new Nature 2 stick. What I am reading in all of the manuals basically says all I have to do is drop this thing in the filter and go. But this does not seem to be the case with my Hot Spot Rhythm Spa. In my spa, inside the filter there is a pipe. I am guessing this Nature 2 stick should go in the pipe but i am not sure how far down in it should go. I cut off two of the little sections on the Nature 2 sticks support stem so now it fits in the filter and the filter can be screwed down into place with the filter cap - but is it down low enough???

I dont want to mess up any of the suction for my pumps and I want to make sure it is in there and working properly. Hope this all makes sense, I am new to this.

yeah I did that. he just wants me to return the item at where I bought it and come back to his place and spend double on the same thing

it appears everything in my tub is working fine with it at where it is, just not sure if it is down in there far enough

The filters on my Sundance have a closed top and screw right onto the pipe, and sliding the cartridge into the filter as suggested doesn't leave it in a very secure position. So the tech that set my spa up just put it in the well outside of the filters. I've read here that others are doing the same thing and it seems to work fine. So I think where you have it should work good.

Since you are new to this and using Nature2 be sure to read my post in the chemistry section. I went through quite a comedy of errors when I first got mine set up a little over a month ago. Almost 4 weeks now since I replaced the water and everything has been fine since.

A couple of things- the N2 strips are very good to have since it is the easiest way to tell that you have some MPS in there, and at least some residual MPS is necessary to make the system work. Also if you supplement with chlorine be sure to pay attention to the buildup of CYA that happens if you keep on using the granulated crystals (dichlor.) The experts here are right on target with advice about that.

Spend some time reading in the chemistry section- its well worth it.

my N2 stick is in the stand pipe and the top can be screwed down. it seems as though everything is working right and nothing has changed since before installation. I am just not certain if it should be down in the pipe more or not - where it is at right now I have no problems reaching in and grabbing it. The pipe has vents in it so water can flow through it and into the the N2 system - so the other part of me thinks if I lower the N2 then the water flowing through the pipe may also flow into the N2 system. But like you are saying it is in there and it is working fine so I must be good.

I probably will stop by the spa place and just try and speak with someone else other than the owner.

And I also have to wait it out on some of the chlorine getting out of the water. When I read super chlorinate in the directions i think I took it too literally..... :wacko: kinda itchy.... and the N2 strip is pretty purple :P

As long as it is fully submerged, water is circulating around it, and its not restricting the pump then I am sure you are good to go. And once the chlorine level comes down the water will feel a lot better. It may take a day or two if the tub is really clean and you mistakenly put more in than needed (ask me how I know this!)