Master Spas Legend Trouble Shoot Help Needed (Flo Warning)

mrgto

Hi Gents:

Newbie here, the 2004 master spa had a flo warning, filters removed, water ph & chlorine good, water level high, all pumps function, but still FLo warning.

I read about the Balboa heater has a trouble shooting guide online. Turned power off, checked the panel schematic and found that this heater has 2 sensors. Unplugged them and plugged them back in on the circuit board, now have a DR code for dirty water. Main pup now shuts off after a couple minutes. Any easy way to determine, which, if not both of these sensors are bad? Thx

Think I can post a pic of the circuit board if needed.

Brian

flo and dr are balboa system warnings, the mean low flo, and dry... essentially the same thing.

you have a flow issue (not enough water flow) or a sensor failure...

try running it without the filters and see if that solves the problem, be sure nothing can get into the system though. the filters might just be plugged.

check the pump head for obstructions, is the flow seems good and there is no difference with the filters out then check the sensors, i don't know off hand what the resistance at the various temperatures is but they should be roughly the same on both probes... if there is a big difference then replace the probes.

by " both sensors are identical, part # 30382-200402261181" do you mean that you checked the resistance and they are the same ?

​If not then check this. if the probes are the same resistance, then you have a flow issue, this could be anything from a broken or plugged impeller, obstruction in the lines, motor issue, supply voltage issue etc.

by " both sensors are identical, part # 30382-200402261181" do you mean that you checked the resistance and they are the same ?

​If not then check this. if the probes are the same resistance, then you have a flow issue, this could be anything from a broken or plugged impeller, obstruction in the lines, motor issue, supply voltage issue etc.

I meant both sensors have the same part number, what should resistence read if I test with a digital multimeter? Motors all seem fine. filters removed and no difference, guess it's time to call a spa pro?