Hot Springs Caldera Kuaui Not Heating Properly

talmaet

I have a 2002 Kuaui. It has stopped heating properly. The temp is set to 101, but is at 94 right now (though it's only about 50 degrees outside).

I hear a nonstop humming - possibly the heater trying to work?

I can't afford to pay someone to come and diagnose. Is there anything that I can do to check out obvious issues before I have to pay a tech? i.e. is there a switch that can be tripped, something that can be clogged, etc??

All help appreciated. Thanks

I have a 2002 Kuaui. It has stopped heating properly. The temp is set to 101, but is at 94 right now (though it's only about 50 degrees outside).

I can't afford to pay someone to come and diagnose. Is there anything that I can do to check out obvious issues before I have to pay a tech? i.e. is there a switch that can be tripped, something that can be clogged, etc??

Is the "temp" icon flashing on the control panel? If it's not that or any other error codes on the control pad then you would need to do some tests with a meter in the control box.

Try taking the filter out and resetting the breakers.

Most likely problem is a bad heater relay board.

Thanks! No, there are no error codes. It's as if it thinks it's working fine. I did do the breaker reset - no luck. If it's a relay board... is there any hope that I can acquire this part and replace it myself, or is it soldered or otherwise complicated? If it's "plug and play", I can handle it.

Thanks again!

Is the "temp" icon flashing on the control panel? If it's not that or any other error codes on the control pad then you would need to do some tests with a meter in the control box.

Try taking the filter out and resetting the breakers.

Most likely problem is a bad heater relay board.

It is pretty much plug and play.

You would need to open up the control box. The heater board is the one on the left side that all of the main power wires and heater wire connect to. You may be able to see some burn marks around any of those 3 black relays in there. If the "heater on " light is lit but there is no voltage to the relay then the relay board is bad.

Only difference in the new board is the way that the heater wires hook up. You need to trim off the flag terminals on the heater wires and strip the wire. They will attach like the main power wires do on the new board.

Have you changed the water lately, my pumps need to be "burped" after a water change. It won't heat until I get water circulating through the circulating pump. If you have water coming out of that little jet in the foot well, then your circulating pump is working.

Dave