Ozonator Not Ozonating ....

Gouie

Well, one more issue to tackle, I'm hoping the gurus here can help. My ozonator has stopped producing the magic bubbles. Tearing into it things don't look good but would like to confirm if possible. The inside of the unit is separated into two sections, one containing the electronics the other housing a tube, 3/4" in diameter running the entire length of the enclosure. The problem I see is that the tube is only connected at the bottom by the electrical wire, the top is moving around freely. Not exactly sure how these units work but I assume the tube creates some sort of pressure that flows through the hose at the top of the enclosure. The hose is then connected via a one-way valve to a water line which is presumably connected to one of the jets (can't see the other end of it as it's covered in spray foam. I'm guessing the unit is shot? I've attached some pictures.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Pictures are links.

You are correct, I've done a little digging into how they operate and it looks like the problem was related to my pump. I suspect my pump motor was on the verge of failing for some time now. As a result it wasn't drawing enough water to start the suction. After replacing the motor the ozonator appears to be working now.