Question On Sundance Optima

JimKW

I have a 2005 Sundance Optima and the small motor that pumps hot water out previously ran constantly. Now it only seems to run when the heater is on. I was sitting in the tub last night and noticed that the motor was not running and no water was coming out of that little jet that distributes the hot water. The temp was set at 102 and was actually 101 so I thought it should come on. I went over and bumped the setting up to 103 and the motor came on and it pumped out hot water.

I have messed with the setting recently to adjust the time it automatically cycles. I don't really know what it was set at before, but now it's only set to run for 15 minutes twice a day, and one other run that is at midnight.

I know that one little jet used to pump constantly and it was not always hot water, now it only seems to pump when it is pumping out hot water. Not sure which is right?

JimKW,

I have a 2009 Sundance Optima. I am not familiar with the 2005 model, but I am assuming it operates essentially the same way as my 2009 model.

The small motor you are referring to is the circulation pump, which will not operate if the water temperature is 2 degrees higher than the set temperature. The default setting for the circulation pump is 24/7. However, you can reset the timing of the circulation pump so that it is not operating 24 hours a day. Check your tub's manual for instructions on how this is done.

Also, the Optima has to modes of operation..."standard" and "economy". If you've selected "economy" mode, your circulation pump will only work when the heater is running. Again, check your manual for clarification.

I hope this helps.

gman

Sure enough. I set the Circ to only go for two hours. I changed it back to 24 and it was on this morning. The manual expalins it well, but it's hard to find things in the manual. I don't have the stereo system and I swear half the book is based on having it which means a different control panel.

Plus when I was resetting stuff the last time it was raining a little so I had to read and then go out and do the settings and had to remember to hit this button five times and then hit this button followed by this button and then go over and hit the up and down arrow when this or that is on the screen. It's not hard, but it's not intuitive either. When I design complex computer systems for my users, I make them much easier to use.

<br />Sure enough. I set the Circ to only go for two hours. I changed it back to 24 and it was on this morning. The manual expalins it well, but it's hard to find things in the manual. I don't have the stereo system and I swear half the book is based on having it which means a different control panel. <br /><br />Plus when I was resetting stuff the last time it was raining a little so I had to read and then go out and do the settings and had to remember to hit this button five times and then hit this button followed by this button and then go over and hit the up and down arrow when this or that is on the screen. It's not hard, but it's not intuitive either. When I design complex computer systems for my users, I make them much easier to use.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I can understand your dilemma. It's hard to hold and umbrella in one hand, the user manual in the other and try to hit the proper buttons on your control panel with your toes. 8^)

Happy tubbing,

gman