Hot Tub - Help With Bad Back

Tubber McGee

I purchase my Hot Tub a little over a year ago and have really enjoyed it. We purchased the tub for many of the obvious reasons, but one of my selling points to my wife was to help with my bad back - even though I had no clue if it would. Over the last few years I have developed degenerating discs in my bad (per my doctor most people over 40 have this to some degree). During this time, my back would go out a few times a year - to the point where I was bed ridden for a couple day and walking very gingerly many other days - it was not fun!

Since owning my tub and soaking on average 3-4 times a week - I have not had a back issue! Is this coincidence or does hot tub therapy have really help with major back issues! Seems like I always heard that you do not put heat on a bad back - you want to use ice!

I was gonna fly to India to see the famous mircale worker/pastor Benny Hinn to help with my back, but i think the tub did the trick!

Anyone have any feedback on this or similar stories!

It's no coincidence; single greatest benefit of having our tub, as far as I'm concerned.

Following an injury, a mild back problem, and the degenerative process (which starts before 40 by the way) I had back pain nearly every single day for five years before getting a tub. Since then, just one day of mild pain, and it was a day where I overdid it and then did not use the tub.

Water therapy has been used for thousands of years.

Oh, it also meant goodbye to harsh meds I used to take when I overdid things; another BIG plus.

I purchase my Hot Tub a little over a year ago and have really enjoyed it. We purchased the tub for many of the obvious reasons, but one of my selling points to my wife was to help with my bad back - even though I had no clue if it would. Over the last few years I have developed degenerating discs in my bad (per my doctor most people over 40 have this to some degree). During this time, my back would go out a few times a year - to the point where I was bed ridden for a couple day and walking very gingerly many other days - it was not fun!

Since owning my tub and soaking on average 3-4 times a week - I have not had a back issue! Is this coincidence or does hot tub therapy have really help with major back issues! Seems like I always heard that you do not put heat on a bad back - you want to use ice!

I was gonna fly to India to see the famous mircale worker/pastor Benny Hinn to help with my back, but i think the tub did the trick!

Anyone have any feedback on this or similar stories!

Tubber - Good to hear about your improved back condition. I doubt that it is coincidence but must admit I have not researched which kinds of therapy are prescribed for which kinds of back pain.

If you do follow up on your plans to go to India I would apprectiate it if you would pass on a message to Benny for me. Please tell him that although I rarely see an episode and I think those old TV shows of his can be a bit corney and shall we say "risque", I do get a chuckle out of some of the skits.

For a new joint or muscle injury, you ice it to reduce swelling, for the first few hours. After that, you want to heat an injury to help draw blood into it to promote healing.

Dave

I have a spa also for back pain (2 years). I use the spa 1 to 2 times a day and I almost never have the nerve in lower back shoot pain down my right leg anymore. The doctors tried pills and excersize and that just made it worse. My lower back just gets real tight and the spa loosens it up, im 55. Been a real blessing to help me. Also he said Benny Hinn, not Benny Hill, lol.

I have been thrown and stomped by an Arab stallion, been in four serious car accidents (rear ended three times, t-boned once), a ferryboat collision(twisted back, hyperextended shoulders, broken ankle), had my left leg shot dang near in half (seven reconstructive surgeries) been caught in a propane explosion, played real hard with dirt bikes, race cars, & skis and I can tell you for a fact that good hydrotherapy is what keeps this 52 year old body drug free and limber enough I can still put my palms flat to the floor with my knees strait.