Overfilled - Now Hot Tub Won't Turn On

shaner

So I did something incredibly dumb and mistakenly left the hose running and badly overfilled the hot tub. Now I can't get it to turn on at all. The breaker wasn't flipped at all.

Did I likely destroy the circuit board or is there some kind of fail safe that kicked in that I just don't know about?

did water get into the circuit board or on top of the pump,,, generally that could cause that, it could have run down under the topside control seal, i would make sure you have power to your disconnect first, then see if you have power to the tub... ( electricians can check that out for you.) but it may be wet on the board and blew a fuse on the board

Yes, I believe water got into the topside control panel. There is power to the tub as the breaker (not the one inside the house in my breaker panel, but the breaker outside that is just for the hot tub) continues to pop. As soon as I flip it, it pops again. It's been 2 days and both days have been hot and dry, so I assume it has dried out by now. Should I give it more time to dry out, or is it likely fried? Is it generally expensive to get repairs like this done?

Because the breaker keeps popping, obviously I can't run the filter cycle. How long can I really leave the water stagnant for before I have to drain it? I can move it around with my arm several times a day, but that's obviously not the same at all.

What you might try . remove the pumps, lights, and ozone wires to the board, reset the breaker. see if the power stays on. if it does, shut the power off, plug in wires one by one, meaning plug in the pump wires turn on the power . keep doing this till the breaker pops, if it pops after you have plugged in the wires that will tell you by process of elimination. if you have all these unplugged and still tripping check the heater out....With the stagnant water your ok right now....once you get it up and running just hiot it really hard with your sanitizer

• 10 years later...

Just did the same silly thing and over filled!! I did the process of elimination and found its pump #1 tripping the breaker. It has only been since this am when it happened so I am hoping that it dry out, I have opened the electrical connections and panels on pump and everything seems dry as a bone.