Solana Tx Vs. Caldera Adoration

blondie

I have narrowed my choices to the Solana TX and the Caldera Adoration, since they are both manufatureed by Watkins.....any advice? Both are sold by good reputable dealers that have been in business for many years in my community.

Can you fine tune your Caldera spa name for me? I haven't heard of that one.

Do you mean the Aventine?

IPB Image

Are you not in the 'States?

B)

I am sure it is the same, the website calls it Aventine and the brouchure from the dealer says "Adoration by Watkins for Caldera Spas" All the specs match for the Aventine.and I am from Texas.....depending on your point of view, it can or cannot be part of the "States" lol. Al

Solana TX.... better performance, less noise, MotoMassage, bottom drain. I have sold and used both.

Either one will do what you need it to do, but one of them has a MotoMassage and bottom drain.

Good luck! :)

Terminator

Both are feberglass backed acrylic. Both are full foam insulation. Both have good jet systems, but as mentioned above, quite different. Try the Moto. I like it, but you may love it. Or, you may prefer the jets that Caldera puts in, which are nice too.

The warranty on the Caldera tubs is usually longer than the Soalana, but you need to check on that. You are getting a special order tub made for a high-volume Caldera dealer, be sure you check to see if the warranty is the same as other Caldera tubs. Could be longer...

The Caldera has a larger pump and more jets, but the Moto Massage covers your whole back with one moving jet, so you may prefer that and not miss the other jets at all.

The Caldera has a skimmer.

The Cladera is roomier inside, but the second seat is tighter.

The TX has a larger foot jet.

Hard choice!

B)

I have narrowed my choices to the Solana TX and the Caldera Adoration, since they are both manufatureed by Watkins.....any advice? Both are sold by good reputable dealers that have been in business for many years in my community.

My advice is to look at FreeFlow spas. They are made a lot better for less money. Better and longer lasting spas.

blondie... wet test to see which is better for you. Personally, I couldn't even feel the motojet.. except when it gets to the most upward position and then if you are not sitting totally up against the jet with your back it spits water out of tub. Just my experience... I believe you will like te performance and comfort better in the Aventine. 1 year warranty on both. The Aventine is in the Highland series. and also can be run on 220v, not sure the Solana can. Which means the Aventine will cost less to operate if you use it alot and heat faster if used on 220v. Bottom line wet test. 900.00 is not alot of money over the life of the spa and definately not alot if it feels better and cost less to operate.

The Aventine ... can be run on 220v, not sure the Solana can. Which means the Aventine will cost less to operate if you use it alot and heat faster if used on 220v. Bottom line wet test. 900.00 is not alot of money over the life of the spa and definately not alot if it feels better and cost less to operate.

The Aventine and TX will cost about the same to run. The 220 will not net you a substantial savings on the Aventine. There is a chance you will notice a very small savings because the pump runs a shorter time to get the tub up to temp. But if you run the jets a lot, it will cost you more. Both tubs are well insulated and designed to be kept up at temp - the difference in the 220 is usually the other way: if you run the jets a lot you will cost yourself a little more. Since the 220 can jet and heat at the same time, you are more likely to run the jets longer in the 220. Most of my customers who convert these smaller tubs to 220 are doing so because they want to be able to run the jets and heat at the same time. That is a recipe for a larger electric bill, however if you are enjoying the tub more it is a small price to pay. And is may only be a few bucks a month.

The Solana can be plugged into 110 20amp, or hardwired for 30amp 110. Not a typo - that's 30 amp 110 volts. By doing so, you can run the heat and jets at the same time, but the heat stays at 1000 watts. The Solana does not convert to 220.

B)

Blondie, Chas has brought up a good idea. He said that you would run your jets more on the Aventine. Just wondering isn't that the reason for a spa purchase? Honestly, if you are notgoing to run the jets you might want to save the money and buy the leser of the two, or even a jetted tub with an inline heater... maybe look at a lesse xpensive version of a spa like the ones mentioned by Jim the Jim. Have a good day!