Just Bought A House...

The house that I just bought came with a hot tub. I've never had one before and I'm looking for some information regarding what I should do and how much work this is going to be. I'm currently draining the tub based on some instructions I found on YouTube and I'm planning to fill it up at some point in the next week or two.

Some info: The unit is made by Spas by Curtis (Perris, California) and powered by an Acura Spa Systems PowerStation. It looks like heater/pump unit may have been replaced at some point because there is a control panel that doesn't seem to do anything and a single button that looks to be an after market add-on that turns the jets on and off. I've attached pictures below as well.

Questions:

• As far as this particular system is concerned, how does it compare? It seems old and low-end to me, but I don't have anything to compare it to.
  • How much work is it to maintain a hot tub? When not in use, am I looking at checking it once a week? More? Less?
  • All the the chemicals that the previous owners left me are chunky and crusty. I think I might just buy new stuff. Is there a brand or system that you would recommend? Should I get them online or find a supplier in my area?
  • And a dumb question: are "hot tub" and "spa" used interchangeably?

Thanks for any help. Much appreciated!

ya id dispose of those chemicals and just get some at walmart or wherever, that thing is probly only like 200 gallons so not like its gona need alot. id fire that thing up and use it why not, or because you already have a little area for it get somthing newer judging by the analog controls that thing must be from the mid 90s maybe older? cant read the tags good, looks like the control center is 240v ? if so thats good you already have 240 service out there if you did want to get somthing else