Chelsee Vs Optima - Anyone Tried Both?

We have tried the Sundance Chelsee and found the footwell to be too shallow. We are interested in the Optima but can't find one to try out. Does anyone know if the footwell is deeper on the Optima?

Just need to know if we should continue searching for one to try.

Otherwise we will be deciding between the Sundance Maxxus and the Beachcomber 750E. We have tried both and like the Maxxus the best but the energy efficiency of the 750E might tempt us. It will come down to price and how we like the dealers.

• 2 weeks later...

We have tried the Sundance Chelsee and found the footwell to be too shallow. We are interested in the Optima but can't find one to try out. Does anyone know if the footwell is deeper on the Optima?

Otherwise we will be deciding between the Sundance Maxxus and the Beachcomber 750E. We have tried both and like the Maxxus the best but the energy efficiency of the 750E might tempt us. It will come down to price and how we like the dealers.

I cannot say that I have tried both but I can tell you no matter which tub you buy the Beachcomber will the be most affordable to operate. I've owned two 750E's (currently still own one) and I'm planning to get another one when I get my new tub. The 750E is almost %50 more efficient than the Sundance Maxxus. I know price is always an issue upfront but not many people realize the cost of operation can be a "real" ongoing issue (and one that you cannot control) if you don't purchase the right product from the start.

See the numbers for yourself:

http://www.appliances.energy.ca.gov/QuickSearch.aspx

I cannot say that I have tried both but I can tell you no matter which tub you buy the Beachcomber will the be most affordable to operate. I've owned two 750E's (currently still own one) and I'm planning to get another one when I get my new tub. The 750E is almost %50 more efficient than the Sundance Maxxus. I know price is always an issue upfront but not many people realize the cost of operation can be a "real" ongoing issue (and one that you cannot control) if you don't purchase the right product from the start.

Thanks we did decide to go with the 750. Partly because of the efficiency but mostly because the dealer was great and it was questionable how long the Sundance dealer would be around, since he just bought out someone in November.

Please don't use that faulty energy report with self-reported data to make your case. Its one thing to you state unequivocally that the Beachcomber will be the most affordable to operate (which is just your opinion but I see no "IMO" included) but to then use the unreliable numbers in that report is nuts.

Please don't use that faulty energy report with self-reported data to make your case. Its one thing to you state unequivocally that the Beachcomber will be the most affordable to operate (which is just your opinion but I see no "IMO" included) but to then use the unreliable numbers in that report is nuts.

These numbers govern all hot tub sales in the state of California. I agree nothing is exact but even if it isn't perfect, it is the only guideline with any creditability for energy consumption in hot tubs. Everything else is just an opinion because this is the only standard that exists today. You can argue all you want as to the accuracy of the standard itself but it is that or just take a shot in the dark that the sales person isn't lying to simply get the sale.

Thanks we did decide to go with the 750. Partly because of the efficiency but mostly because the dealer was great and it was questionable how long the Sundance dealer would be around, since he just bought out someone in November.

You made the right choice. Happy hot tubbing!

These numbers govern all hot tub sales in the state of California. I agree nothing is exact but even if it isn't perfect, it is the only guideline with any creditability for energy consumption in hot tubs. Everything else is just an opinion because this is the only standard that exists today. You can argue all you want as to the accuracy of the standard itself but it is that or just take a shot in the dark that the sales person isn't lying to simply get the sale.

By looking at Catalina and Hydropool's results you can see that the results are not to be taken at face value and it can not be used to back up your statement that Beachcomber is somehow the "most affordable to operate".