Sundance Optima Light Ing Problem(2007)?

potpie

I have a 07 optima, this winter the waterfall lights(led) started doing some strange stuff. Red LED quit working and sometimes the LED bar would only light 1/2 way. This spring I did some trouble shooting, I checked the connections on lighting box this did not fix problem. I noticed there were lots of different /connections on light supply I/O and zone 1 2 and 3. I also have the aqua terrace controller on the side that con-tolls what color lights are and intensity. I lost track what 3 connectors go where? I assume control panel goes to I/O otherwise I cant turn off lights. and the foot well light goes to a zone and water fall to another. the weird part is the aqua terrace harness is in line with waterfall harness. there are only 3 connectors. Is there one slot or zone that controls another? I have looked all over for info on these light modules and cant find anything? I wonder if my light module is going goofy? Depending what zone I plug waterfall light into I get a different scenario? Thanks for help.

sundance and Jacuzzi are very similiar in build. Lights are tough to troubleshoot, one bad light can cause all the others to act up. essentially you need to unplug all lights and start plugging in one at a time and checking for operation, when the bad one gets plugged it will start to act funny. this light could have also taken out one of your zones on your blue controller (dcu), compounding the issue. I would start by replacing the waterfall light that was initially not performing and go from there. Good luck, lights are my least favourite thing to diagnose. Hate it actually.

as far as what goes where....i dont have the manual on me at this moment, I will look though and post back here if there is a specific order.