Impeller Issue

Ok, I installed a waterway Hi-Lo wet end on a 3 hp pump motor. My original impeller that came with the wet end lasted about 3 days and it snapped off at the shaft. Ok, I thought, must be a back piece of plastic. I contacted the spa pack parts department and they are sending me a replacement. In the meanwhile I went down to my local parts dealer and purchased another one so I wouldn't have to wait. The thing ran for about 35 mins on high and now has stopped pumping water. I haven't taken it back apart, but I am assuming my impeller is broken again.? Is this common? I have an older Cal-Spa that had an original hi-lo 2.6hp motor in it and I purchased a 3 hp as a replacement. They didn't offer a 2.5 hp. Just wondering how long these parts are to last and why it would be snapping like that. We were turning on and off the jets showing the kids how everything worked when this happened.

Thank for any replies I get.

Matt

No the impeller shouldn't snap off like that but it could indicate that there is something else wrong with your wet end. It sounds like there might be something in the pump that is interfering with the impeller. Are you sure you installed the seal the correct way? If you reverse it, it can cause problems. Also, check the impeller ring and diffuser for defects.

This just in. Spaguts whom I purchased the kit from is sending me a new spa motor and pump no questions asked. They believe the motor shaft is causing the problems. They have been awesome to work with and have great customer service. I will post another update once I have the new motor and pump installed.