Jacuzzi Temperature Wide Range.

Fungi

I have had my Jacuzzi for three years. Just last fall the thing was going into safe mode so called for service. The guy comes and replaces the temperature sensor. Seams it was bad from day one. This is what it was doing from day one...

Set heat to 103.

When temp drops to 102 the heat comes on.

Heat is on for 30 seconds, OH is displayed and heat is turned off. A minute later it comes back on and repeats. Eventually the temp goes back to 103 and the heat turns off.

So the guy changes the temp sensor and all is well... Except this is how it works now.

Set heat to 103.

When temp drops to 101 the heat comes on.

Heat stays on till temp reaches 104-105, then turns off. Heats up much faster now.

But it's practically impossible to predict the temperature. It can be anywhere from 101 to 105.

Another issue is the timer loses a minute per day. For example set it to filter cycle at 6:30 and the following day it starts at 6:29, then the next day it starts at 6:28. Losing 30 minutes per month.

Can others with a similar tub comment on how it works for them, cause I have apparently never had it right from day one.

Tub: Jacuzzi J-345 50th anniversary model

Capacity: 336 gallons

Ozonator: Yes

Jets: 27

Power: 240vac @ 60amp, can run pumps and heater at same time.

Circ Pump: Yes

Use: Year round, once every weeknight, sometime twice a day on W/E by two clean average size naked humanoids.

Thanks in advance, Jim

I have had my Jacuzzi for three years. Just last fall the thing was going into safe mode so called for service. The guy comes and replaces the temperature sensor. Seams it was bad from day one. This is what it was doing from day one...

Set heat to 103.

When temp drops to 102 the heat comes on.

Heat is on for 30 seconds, OH is displayed and heat is turned off. A minute later it comes back on and repeats. Eventually the temp goes back to 103 and the heat turns off.

So the guy changes the temp sensor and all is well... Except this is how it works now.

Set heat to 103.

When temp drops to 101 the heat comes on.

Heat stays on till temp reaches 104-105, then turns off. Heats up much faster now.

But it's practically impossible to predict the temperature. It can be anywhere from 101 to 105.

Another issue is the timer loses a minute per day. For example set it to filter cycle at 6:30 and the following day it starts at 6:29, then the next day it starts at 6:28. Losing 30 minutes per month.

Can others with a similar tub comment on how it works for them, cause I have apparently never had it right from day one.

Tub: Jacuzzi J-345 50th anniversary model

Capacity: 336 gallons

Ozonator: Yes

Jets: 27

Power: 240vac @ 60amp, can run pumps and heater at same time.

Circ Pump: Yes

Use: Year round, once every weeknight, sometime twice a day on W/E by two clean average size naked humanoids.

Thanks in advance, Jim

try 1-866-234-7727 and follow the voice prompts for customer service and speak to them about this i have not herd of this .you may need a new board good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Well I called the number and chatted with a friendly guy named Rick. I submitted my argument, the wide temperature range, and the filter cycle loosing time. I also went into some detail about the fact that I have replaced the 30 amp slow blow fuse inside the box 5 times. And the fact that the bad temperature sensor was causing the heater relay to constantly cycle whenever heat was called for. (extra wear and tear) He pretty much shut me down on everything.

His spiel... (The filter cycle is not on an actual timer. It uses an algorithm to set filter times and it's not out of the question for them to be off by a minute or two.)

I do not believe this. It most likely uses a software based timer, and if the electronics (crystal or ceramic resonator) is off causing the timer to loose time.

His speil... (The high temperature, 105, is probably due to secondary heating, if the filtration cycle is running at the same time the heater is on.)

I know this is not the case. I can open it in the middle of the day and see 105. The filter cycle is normally around 7:00. Why when you want 103 does it continue to heat to 105? The PID for the temp control is not right. Period...

Again people. You know who you are... Can anyone chime in here with their experiences concerning temperature variations in your spas? What is normal? I can't accept that it's normal for a tub set to 103 can be anywhere from 101 to 105...

Seriously! No one knows what range the temperature varies in their hot tubs! I mean you open it to use it, and there is a temperature displayed... You have to check it before you get in right?

What temperature does your hot tub range from the selected temperature?