Need Some Advice!

Russ

We recently had our pool plastered with CrystalStone. When they did the 2"x2" diamond tiles around the steps, swim out and spa seat that are spaced 1 foot apart they used the wrong color tiles. The contractor will fix this by cutting the tiles out then reinserting the correct color tiles. He would patch around the new tiles with the same CrystalStone material. He said that it will look fine but could take a few months to match the existing CrystalStone. My concern is that it won't look like it does now. I'm afraid that you will be able to notice that somthing was done around the tiles even if you didn't know what happened. I'm also concerned with possible problems in the futurelike the material that was filled in after the tile being reinserted coming apart and/or leaking into the gunite.

Can anyone give me advice on what I should do, have it fixed or just leave it alone?

We recently had our pool plastered with CrystalStone. When they did the 2"x2" diamond tiles around the steps, swim out and spa seat that are spaced 1 foot apart they used the wrong color tiles. The contractor will fix this by cutting the tiles out then reinserting the correct color tiles. He would patch around the new tiles with the same CrystalStone material. He said that it will look fine but could take a few months to match the existing CrystalStone. My concern is that it won't look like it does now. I'm afraid that you will be able to notice that somthing was done around the tiles even if you didn't know what happened. I'm also concerned with possible problems in the futurelike the material that was filled in after the tile being reinserted coming apart and/or leaking into the gunite.

Can anyone give me advice on what I should do, have it fixed or just leave it alone?

I would just leave it the way it is. The contractor will have to saw cut the plaster (Crystsal Stone) around each tile a bit larger then the tile in order to reset the new tile and then try to match the color of the plaster (Crystal Stone). In all cases that I have seen it "LOOKS LIKE A PATCH JOB" Yes it's not the right color of tile trim but only you know that, you can still enjoy the use of the pool. I feel you will not be HAPPY with the look of a patch job all over the seats and steps of your pool & spa. sorry to hear hope this will help you...

Blake Melancon

swimming pool-secrets-revealed.com

I would just leave it the way it is. The contractor will have to saw cut the plaster (Crystsal Stone) around each tile a bit larger then the tile in order to reset the new tile and then try to match the color of the plaster (Crystal Stone). In all cases that I have seen it "LOOKS LIKE A PATCH JOB" Yes it's not the right color of tile trim but only you know that, you can still enjoy the use of the pool. I feel you will not be HAPPY with the look of a patch job all over the seats and steps of your pool & spa. sorry to hear hope this will help you...

Blake Melancon

swimming pool-secrets-revealed.com

agreed!! it will not look right. best to leave the tiles that are there. the only option I see is possibly cutting out the hole a bit "big" and then using a marbledust type mix of a different color that accents both the tile and pool finish.

Here's a link to see Pics of Pool and Diamond Tiles. You will see the gray tiles around the water line and the blue Diamond Tiles. The color we were suppose to get was dark gray.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSi...mshare&Ux=0

Russ.

Sorry, To see that you got the wrong color step trim (spotter tiles) but I see on your pictures #9 your spotter tiles are not even in a streight line up the steps even missing a few spotter tiles on your steps. Your pool looks very nice by the way.

Blake Melancon

swimming-pool-secrets-revealed.com

Russ.

Sorry, To see that you got the wrong color step trim (spotter tiles) but I see on your pictures #9 your spotter tiles are not even in a streight line up the steps even missing a few spotter tiles on your steps. Your pool looks very nice by the way.

Blake Melancon

swimming-pool-secrets-revealed.com

I never noticed this, probably because I was so pissed that this happened. Now I'm really fired up and will take a closer look as soon as the Austin Ice Strom clears up. Thank you for pointing this out!!!

Russ

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!

The Diamond Tiles and spacing of Tiles has been fixed. Instead of cutting them out Anthony & Sylvan had the Tanning Ledge, steps and spa seats plaster completey replaced. The pool is been filled back up as I type this and I will post pictures soon!!!