New To Me Tub Is So Much Fun, Not!

Matthew B

Ok, so I have a 2005 Vanguard V that is giving me some issues. I've talked to Watkins and also to a local shop that is useless unless I want to give them $200 for a house call. Anyway, the thermal fault is tripping and I'm getting the flashing red light of course. I think its the circ pump that is going since I have removed the filters and I still get the flashing red light. Watkins wanted me to clean the line for the ozone for some reason using vinegar and pulling the line off the ozone generator and putting it in a bottle of vinegar. Nothing happens since its not getting any vacuum that I can tell. I have some pics of the lines to ask if I remove the T at after the back flow device from the ozone, but I can't post images to the forum.

If you have to remove the circ pump, will I have a huge flow of water before I can plug the lines with wine corks? Or should I drain it completely to work on it. I'm concerned since it is 20 degrees out and I'm not generating heat right now.

Would the ozone have any impact of the flow to the circ pump since it just goes to the injector?

I would really like to get the ozone fixed but I cant figure out how to get any vacuum to have it pull from a vinegar jar.

Ok, so I have a 2005 Vanguard V that is giving me some issues. I've talked to Watkins and also to a local shop that is useless unless I want to give them $200 for a house call. Anyway, the thermal fault is tripping and I'm getting the flashing red light of course. I think its the circ pump that is going since I have removed the filters and I still get the flashing red light. Watkins wanted me to clean the line for the ozone for some reason using vinegar and pulling the line off the ozone generator and putting it in a bottle of vinegar. Nothing happens since its not getting any vacuum that I can tell. I have some pics of the lines to ask if I remove the T at after the back flow device from the ozone, but I can't post images to the forum.

If you have to remove the circ pump, will I have a huge flow of water before I can plug the lines with wine corks? Or should I drain it completely to work on it. I'm concerned since it is 20 degrees out and I'm not generating heat right now.

Would the ozone have any impact of the flow to the circ pump since it just goes to the injector?

I would really like to get the ozone fixed but I cant figure out how to get any vacuum to have it pull from a vinegar jar.

circ. pump can be replaced without draining, I always used to use a heat gun to make the hoses pliable and always had 2 radiator hose vice grips on hand to "pinch" off the lines, they are like standard vice grips but have no "teeth" that can damage the hose. and the ozone injector can become plugged if there is a calcium buildup...vinegar can be used in a pinch to dissolve any calcium buildup

circ. pump can be replaced without draining, I always used to use a heat gun to make the hoses pliable and always had 2 radiator hose vice grips on hand to "pinch" off the lines, they are like standard vice grips but have no "teeth" that can damage the hose. and the ozone injector can become plugged if there is a calcium buildup...vinegar can be used in a pinch to dissolve any calcium buildup

Ditto. Quick, easy and just a very little water escaping, a towel will take care of the little water that comes out.